a kook is a poser who turns up in the beach car park wearing a top of the range wetsuit and carrying a spanking new surfboard, checks the surf for an hour before actually going in, when it is so obviously pumping, then when he enters the water proceeds to splash around like a drowning rabbit. tip stay at home
check out the kook in the pink wetsuit
1. someone posing very hard as a surfer or skateboarder.
2. someone that goes to every surfing or skateboarding event to hangout, compile pictures, start conversations, and generally be seen with real surfers or skateboarders.
3. also see: gayrab
"Dude, did you see that kook trying to drop in on me the other day?"
A person regarded as strange, eccentric, or crazy.
someone regarded as eccentric or crazy syn: odd fellow, odd fish, queer bird, queer duck
Kook is a term, most often used by aggro locals, to describe any surfers that:
- don't live in the shithole little coastal towns
- don't work construction and/or drive old, beat-up trucks
- pretend like they can surf when, in reality, they suck-ass
- don't follow the rules of the lineup
- show up in the lot with a frappachino, excited about 2-footers
However, the term kook has a different meaning to different types of surfers. It is most likely the case that every surfer, at one point or another, has been called a kook themselves and has called other surfers kooks. You don't have to be an asshole local to enjoy this fun, degredating term!!!
"That guy has a surf-rack on a land-rover, what a kook!"
"Hey Kook, get off my wave!!"
kook: A person posing as a surfer, or telling everyone that he can bust a snap, bottom turn, or barrel when they can't. Does not know the proper surf terminology or vocab. Ie. uses terms that don't make any sense
Non-kook: A person being honest about their surfing ability. Honestly expresses their surfing ability. Does NOT drop in on other surfers or snake them. Follows the rules of the lineup.
Kook: "So yea, I was out busting some gnarly pounders when this huge curler came through and swamped me. Lucky for me I just jumped on my board and threw a gnarly air over the white wash without even trying. Hee hee hee."
Surfer: "Awww man. That last set was a clean out. I got hit pretty bad. Damn thing held me down for a while. Hey heres a good set. By the way you can bust a pretty solid snap on these. Not much force though. You have to really paddle for these."
"Did you see that air? I was worried that I was going to break my board that time. But this kook dropped in on me and freakin' nearly took my head off. It's all good but...
(kook now yelling at surfer to not drop in on him).
Surfer: "You dropped in on ME! I didn't drop in on you!
Kook: Yeah well, watch where you're going bro!
Surfer: "What a kook."
1. A person who calls a beginner surfer a kook.
2. A person surfing just to look cool.
3. A person with a custom board, nice wetsuit in 70 degree water, that rides white water.
Kook says: Jesus Christ! these little kids are so annoying, those fucking kooks.
(verb., pronunciation köök it) : To make a fool of one's self, particularly infront of others. See also: kooked it (past-tense), kook (noun)
I tried to break into the safe with the excavator, but I kooked it!