A simple (and often ignored) request written on the walk to trestles
2. someone that goes to every surfing or skateboarding event to hangout, compile pictures, start conversations, and generally be seen with real surfers or skateboarders.
3. also see: gayrab
- don't live in the shithole little coastal towns
- don't work construction and/or drive old, beat-up trucks
- pretend like they can surf when, in reality, they suck-ass
- don't follow the rules of the lineup
- show up in the lot with a frappachino, excited about 2-footers
However, the term kook has a different meaning to different types of surfers. It is most likely the case that every surfer, at one point or another, has been called a kook themselves and has called other surfers kooks. You don't have to be an asshole local to enjoy this fun, degredating term!!!
"Hey Kook, get off my wave!!"
Non-kook: A person being honest about their surfing ability. Honestly expresses their surfing ability. Does NOT drop in on other surfers or snake them. Follows the rules of the lineup.
Surfer: "Awww man. That last set was a clean out. I got hit pretty bad. Damn thing held me down for a while. Hey heres a good set. By the way you can bust a pretty solid snap on these. Not much force though. You have to really paddle for these."
"Did you see that air? I was worried that I was going to break my board that time. But this kook dropped in on me and freakin' nearly took my head off. It's all good but...
(kook now yelling at surfer to not drop in on him).
Surfer: "You dropped in on ME! I didn't drop in on you!
Kook: Yeah well, watch where you're going bro!
Surfer: "What a kook."