Kam's latest offering, The Self, is in production now.
Origin: This term is likely derived from the name "Kami," popular lead singer of a Seattle punk band between 1988-95. (It should be noted that this band, "Cig Chuckers," is well-known in Boston, but enjoyed its wildest years in the Seattle underground (but see, "C.D. Bitches in B-Boston)). Kami was, by several accounts, the most "persuasively and unapologetically sexy performer of her generation." (The Seattle Times, Robert McKay, "The Underground Pulse," February 24, 1990).
There is also an alternative theory on the origin of this term: "a beautiful girl, so full of life," a description given by a popular Seattle PI "sex columnist", who frequently wrote about “my sweet, furious problems with the kams” true identity never revealed (The Seattle PI, "Affectionate Underbelly of the CD," Robert Fromme, October 26, 1995).
Despite the numerous theories as to its origin, "Kams" has a fairly common usage in the Pacific Northwest:
1) A noun, used as a dimunitive, affectionate term for a female. A "Kams" is one who is cute, crazy, stunning, artistic, and feisty.
2) More generally, the term may be used as an adjective or adverb, conveying the qualities of strength, beauty, and unpredictability.
1) Laura is almost(!) a kams artist...she has the mind and talent, but doesn't quite have the guts.
2) That crazy bitch is kamtastic! I wish I were as kamsi as esa loca...!
2. synonym for failure or self-delusion
I studied for 5 hours the night before the physics test and still failed. I hate being such a kam
I thought I was gonna be a total bro at college but looking back I realized I'm too much of a kam