1. The name of some weird band which apparently a lot of girls are obsessed with.
2. A common name in Lithuania pronounce Yonas. It's the equivalent of the American name John.
3. It also stands for Java Open Application Server... or in the tech world JOnAS.
4. Not to be mistaken for Yonos which is the Serbian version of Jonas (according to Nash)
5. The name of a guy who recently moved to New York from Lithuanian, who happens to be the best boyfriend in the world and who only loves tall American girls named Erin. Is known to bring flowers when you're sad and wake up at un-godly hours of the morning just to cuddle you until it's time to go to school. He also has amazing blue eyes, and a really cool little sister named Marija.
1. Oh my god Perez Hilton loves the Jonas Brothers!!
2. Lithuanian: My name is Jonas!
American: Oh like the weezer song...
Lithuanian: No... like the name. Like Yonas, it's like John in your stupid language.
3. Oh fuck... the JOnAS is down again.
4. Nash: eh... Yonos. I have a beer for you.
Jonas: That's not my name but I will accept your beer.
5. I know he's irresistible but Jonas is all mine!
Jonas is a Latin common but well-known name.
He's nice, attractive, intelligent, thoughtful, gorgeous, friendly and has a good sense of humor.
Even though he doesn't think so, he's a strong personality and can deal with problems.
Person 1: What's your name?
Jonas: My name is Jonas.
Life its self, also the new god.
Jonas is life, or oh my jonas!
Derived from Yonah (Hebrew meaning "Dove" or Sign of God, and also means 'The Doer') and translated through the Greek Ionas to the present Jonas. The Lithuanian name Jonas was independently derived from the name 'John' which means either a client of prostitutes or a device you sit on to crap.
Also a namesake book in the old testament depicting a prophet's involuntary ingurgitation by gigantic marine wildlife as part of a divine motivational technique program.
Also a reason for screaming adolescent girls to wet their drawers, and for lame rock bands to write mediocre songs in sappy 3/4 time signatures.
(The Doer) "You see that girl, I'd like to Jonas."
(The Dove) (In the shower( "Honey, do we have another bar of Jonas under the sink?"
(Sign of God) "I neglected to read the Jonas on the freeway and missed my exit to the Billy Graham talk."
A uncommon name.
Although now commonly used in band names.
Often mispelled or misunderstood
Me: You listen to that song by Weezer? Its called My Name Is Jonas
In-And-Out worker: What is your name?
In-And-Out worker: Jones...Joe?, your order is ready!
The name given to a widely popular boy-band who have billions of screaming and crying over-fanatic fans. Usually used in the tween group expressions.
"Oh My Jonas"
A name used for the hugely popular boy band that obsessed teenage girls drool over.
Also A name that every sexy latino has.
Girl 1: OMG! The Jo Bros are so dreamy! I'm drooling!
Girl 2: They aren't so hot.
Jonas: Hey what's up?
Girl 2:Ohhhhh....He's so dreamy!
Both girls: Ohhhh....
Jonas:Look! I'm swimming!
Another word in Norway for "fappegutt"
Jonas er en liten fappegutt