1) A potpourri of different people who have things in common.
2) Hosts thieves and cheaters from either underdeveloped countries or the Naples area
3) Great cuisine in all regions
4) Sucks in manners and govermental system, which it admits but is too lazy to do anything about it
5) Poorest organization on the planet but still good in quality
6) Is great fun and you would never want to go or you'd miss it the minute you leave
7) Most beautiful place ever cos there isn't a landscape you can't see there (although many other countries do have breath-taking things to see Italy is still the sublime in variety)
8) The buses come by pure chance (at least now they are mostly displayed IF they're coming)
9) The capital has the crappiest (so to say) metro in Europe and many cities are buried under cars and trash (lazy or just politically corrupted)
10) Beautiful language, culture people..just that some dicks ruin it
11) Screw generalizations but the hottest guys I've ever met are Italian (also the kindest and meanest)
12) Be realistic and don't say Italy copied from what's and what's because that's like saying America didn't copy from everyone (which they do badly too)
13) Come on what's wrong with ditching Germany when your on the wrong side; what would you do oh you brave people - it wasn't like they were best friends come on Hitler just puppetted (even if that's not a word) Mussolini!! And look, they threw over the one who allied with Germany so ha! Plus what kind of GENERALIZATIONS seriously, you can only make them if you've lived here and have had the same exact experience so many times. Like as if no other European people were hairy - PUH-lease!
14) At least Italians have good reasons to be arrogant even if I don't find anything so irritating about it like I do with French people (I've heard them even admit their arrogance)
15) Italians have done great things in their past and present - can't generalize something so broad you probably don't know nothing about; maybe they prefer to live a life than to be whiz kids (not that I'm supporting ignorance or anything; in fact, their current education system sucks even if they have very learned people who actually do something).
16) Their cars aren't that bad; my Dad's Fiat is fine in function and aspect even after like 10 years.. plus you got to admit the Ferrari is the hottest car ever. As for the TV, well get the satellite one if you don't always like what there showing - I just watch Italian MTV and some other nice programs on other channels (although there's so much crap good programs DO exist)
17) Man I can't list all of the things that define Italy but the biggest one is the spontaneity even if the more south you go the more rude the men get
18) To conclude, there are many different kind of Italys; some towns/cities (esp. north) are clean, organized etc. while others are a mess. In general there's great food everywhere and it's almost always possible to do good cheap shopping. Italians nowadays DO speak English and if they have studied decently have a decent pronounciation (sometimes just regional accents or little practice make them sound bad)
19) I'm no soccer fanatic but I believe that they have really talented players (just because their technique isn't that great you just can't say they suck - plus these are more generalizations which I'm forced to use myself to oppose such stupid arguments)
20) Italy rules, just have to watch out and you'll live a great/pleasurable/fun life
Smart person: Stop being jealous just because Italians Do It Better. If you can't stand Italy, stop eating your pizza, your spaghetti, and leave your Ferrari at home. Oh yeah, and throw out every single movie that has actors with Italian heritage in it and shun every work of Raphael, Leonardo or Michelangelo you see. Don't forget to disown your Italian grandparents if you have any, and dump your hot Italian girl/boyfriend. By the way, stop using the Italian words of musical terminology, Italian cuisine (broccoli, cauliflower, artichoke, biscotti, pasta, pizza, capuccino, coffee, caviar, grappa, lasagna, panini, parmesan, pistachio, pepperoni, ravioli, salami, soda)plus "pronto", "paparazzi", "arkade", "artisan", "balcony", "carpet", "cartoon", "corridor", "fiasco", "torso", "ciao", "ghetto", "bagatelle", "dome", "facade", "motto", "novel", "pun", "sonnet", "stanza", "flu", "malaria", "lava", "race", "rocket", "carnival", "volcano", "alert", "brilliant", "alarm", "gallery", "fresco", "graffiti", "grotesque", "mascara", "cash", "casino", "credit", "disaster", "masquerade", "gusto", "portfolio", "risk", "skirmish", "mask", "bravo", "medal", "pistol", "bizarre", "group", "buffalo", "cartridge", "cash" "miniature", "model", "ditto", "cannon", "brave", "mosaic"," porcelain","tra ffic", "umbrella", "replica", "saloon", "sketch", "policy", "studio", "mustache", "extravagance", "courtesan", "radio", "finale", "giraffe", "archipelago", "carat", "tariff", "zero", "arsenal", "lottery", "lotto", "magazine", "bulletin", "assassin", "pants", "parasol", "pilot", "manage", "ogre", "attack", "attitude", "caress", "bimbo", "caravan", "ballerina", "ballet", "balloon", "colonel", "bank", "bankrupt", "virtue" and even "candy" because they're all Italian derivatives.
Landmines - many factories are in Brescia. Italy is the largest maker and seller of these things in the world.
Pasta - Garofalo, look for it at Central Market.
Cars - Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati.Cloths and shoes - Forget the Armani and Gucci shit, Italy has the best craftsmem who make the best tailor made suits in the world, not to mention shoes, ties, shirts. If is elegant, well made and durable, was made in Italy. Nothing to do with heritage and shit, its just a matter of demand. Italians with money are the most demanding and bollocks busting customers in the world, so the craft has to be top notch or the shops closes down.Coffee - Fuck Starbucks, Italians with no money (99.9% of the populations) are maniacs about coffee, since they can get nothing else really. So the various bars compete for the business and the result is the best coffee in the world by a country mile. Forget the espresso one gets in the USA, the real thing is complitely different. So much so that many Americans find the local coffee way too potent when they try it in Italy.Jewellery - Little known fact, all the best jewellery makers are Italians. Many of the european Kings had their bling shit made in Italy, over the centuries. Bulgari, Buccellati, Grisogono, to name but a few. The best jeweller of all time was Italian, Benedetto Cellini.
Classic Music and its players - Vivaldi, Verdi, Rossini. The best players: Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli is regared as the best piano player of all times. Uto Ughi the best violin player and so on.Opera - if you like that kind of shit, Italy is the country to thank for it.Italy is the birth place of many things and these things are generally best made over there.Pizza, Ice Cream (Romans used to mix wine and snow, so take no shit ice cream was born in Italy), Pasta (yeah Marco Polo discovered the noodles in China and introduced them to Italy, but the pasta as it is enjoyed today was first made in Italy), Espresso Coffee (the Turks had the idea but Italians invented the machines that make an espresso a lovely thing free of the dust you find in Turkish coffee), all that lovely italian food made of almost nothing but tastes soooo good.(mainly because Italy has always been a poor country and its people had to resort to ingenuity in order to make good food virtually from nothing).
At the sight of foreigners Italy seem a rich country, just because it host some luxury corporation, even rated in stock-exchanges, but most of the people, almost 60.000.000 of persons, lives at the edge of poverty, in a climax of ignorance and hate, for the superstitons spreaded by the catholic church