1. a explanation for an event, etc. that describes it as going "okay," or "so-so."
2. slang used in place of the word "shit."
3. describing if a person is average looking
4. a suffix added on to other words to show that they are "kind of" or "sort of" alike in some way.
1. A: "So how was the party?" W: "Eh.... It was ish."
2. D: "Awww Ish!" K: "Hahaha way to watch the language around your lady-friend."
3. C: "Okay would you go out with her?" P: "Naw. She's too Ish"
4. G: "Ugh this song is too rap-ish fot my tastes..."
1. Slang term often used to replace "shit." Derived from the process of editing the vocals of rap-songs by revershing the curse words so said song could be played on radio or television.
"That's the dope ish"
Kind of/sort of, usually added onto the end of a word or phrase
well did it work?
1. kind of, sort of.
2. Give or take a time period
1. That's what I meant to say... ish.
2a. Come over at 12-ish. (give or take an hour)
2b. Come over at 12:30-ish (give or take half hour)
2c. Come over at 11:10-ish (your choice; five minutes or ten)
slang term for the word "shit"
now ain't this some ish.
"Ish" is used as a stand-in for "sort of" and "kind of," often tacked on to the end of a statement.
How was the opera?
It was good. Ish.
Did you like the sweater your Aunt Marcy knitted for you?
1.) A suffix that makes any word or phrase more vauge.
2.) The ultimate generality, lacking any specificity or meaning whatsoever.
1.) Lets meet around 9-ish
An alien word used by Stitch in the movie "Lilo and Stitch" in order to say "yes".
"YOU EXPECT ME TO HELP YOU JUST LIKE THAT?!?! JUST-LIKE-THAT?!?!?!?!" "Ish."