THE BEST BAND ON THE UNIVERSE, OF ALL FUCKING TIMES. Steve Haris is my god. I couldn't live if i couldn't hear iron maiden. The other definition (def 38), was a piece of shit and im sure that all we agree, go kill urself bitch. All their albums are fucking godly.( best song has to be Hallowed By Thy Name, i do agre, and Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Random White guy: Iron Maiden....Whats that?
Crazzy Maiden Fan: They are gods on earth, go lick some grundle you dumb fuck.
The greatest metal band of all time. A NWOBHM
band that has defined all metal we know today (excluding Nu-Metal). Iron Maiden (along with the also immortal Judas Priest
, Thin Lizzy
, and Motorhead
) influenced every 80s and 90s thrash band (including Metallica
, and most noticeably Iced Earth
) and invented the Power Metal genre (even though technically IM is neither thrash metal nor power metal). Their best albums are the golden trio: Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, and Powerslave. Their two new albums, Brave New World and Dance of Death, also kick fucking ass. Their best song, fuck it, THE BEST METAL SONG EVER MADE is Hallowed be Thy Name.
Iron Maiden is the beginning. Iron Maiden is the reason. Bruce Dickinson is the best singer. Dave Murray and Adrian Smith (and Janick too) are the best guitarists. Steve Harris is the all-time best songwriter and a damn good bassist, and Nicko McBrain is a fucking amazing drummer. Iron Maiden can't be fought.
The absolute best fucking metal band on the face of this planet or any other.
See also: God
Iron Maiden is the whole reason I learned to play guitar.
1) The best metal band...wait...best band ever.
2) A medieval torture instrument shaped rather like a coffin, but that the head and feet could come out of. It was lined with spikes inside, and closed on people who commited the most heinous crimes, such as not liking the king.
Iron Maiden are awesome.
I'd like to put that dipshit NED in an Iron Maiden.
The biggest metal band on the planet, but I agree, some people just can't appreciate the sheer genius of their music.
The best Iron Maiden song has got to be "Hallowed Be Thy Name".
The greatest band ever to grace the planet
whoever dislikes Iron Maiden should be shot
1) One of the defining bands of Heavy metal through the 80's. Famous for songs such as "Number of the Beast" "Bring your Daughter to the Slaughter" and "2 Minutes to Midnight". They show some of the highest levels of instrumental talent known to Metal. A major inspiration to metal bands through the 90's to present day. They continue to churn out amazing and consistant hits (apart from during the mid 90's). Contrary to popular American belief, they are NOT satanists.
2) A medieval torture and execution device which was made of iron. A person was placed inside the box of the iron maiden while the door (which had impaling spikes on the inside) was closed slowly to to maximise pain and injury, while the prisoner died over the next few hours to few days from their injuries.
1) "I just picked up Iron Maiden's new album, it's amazing!"
2) "Throw him in the Iron Maiden!"
The best Metal band ever. Best thing to come out of England, i'd say. They are genius, and not satanic, which many people of the US Portray them as.
They have so many awesome hits. Almost every song they write is amazing!
Hallowed be thy name, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Alexander the Great, Aces High, Dance of Death, No More Lies, Seventh son of a seventh son, Blood Brothers, The Evil that men do, etc, etc, etc! :D