"lelelelelelelele" and blowing things up, others just stood around wondering where "Pappy Saddam" went and why their lives suck.
2. A word that can ignite a liberal into a violent rage where he/she screams wildly "injustice, oil, rednecks" and various other terms
3. A hotbed of terrorist activity and unrest.
4. A military staging ground for the future confrontation with Iran.
5. A roach trap where the American military is a proxy for the citizens of America, diverting terrorist' attention away from plotting distruction in America.
1. It's in the Middle East.
2. His dad had already tried and failed to get rid of Saddam.
3. He's a crap president, and war detracts attention from this
Supposedly in posession of super-powerful WoMDs, which as of yet have not been found.
After the collapse of the Ottoman (Turkish)empire, Europe carved up international boundaries and in the course of restructuring had created the modern country of "Iraq". Doomed to failure from the start, this artificially-created country was home to many disparate ethnicities and religions. Internal conflict was inevitable.
The rise of the Baath party (and its inevitable fall at the hands of the American-led coalition) was a response to this conflict.
There is no single language spoken in Iraq. Standard Arabic is most commonly used with Kurdish, Turkmen, Assyrian and Farsi spoken by a minority of the population.
Iraq is also the birthplace of many of the ancient middle-eastern civilizations: Sumerian, Babylonian, Assyrian etc.