A man of usually Persian descent who has excessive body hair, especially on the back, almost imitative of a Persian rug. Also known as a "magic carpet" and less commonly called an "Iranian rug."
That Persian rug is better left with a shirt on his back.
Someone who is too chicken to call himself Iranian.
person1: that's an interesting accent...where are you from?
person2: I'm Persian!
person1: Didn't you guys like take few of our Americans as hostages?
person2: oh no, dumbass those were Iranians. I am Persian like the kitty cat(makes a 'meowww' sound) or the rug...
person1: oh k whatever..
I am Iranian-American and NOT "Persian"... such as a rug. I have read every single one of these pathetic definitions that are saturated with stereotypes. What is the most disturbing is that they were written by fellow Iranian-Americans who exibited their ignorance very blatantly. Its sad to see fellow "Persians" contribute to the very stereotypes that suppress us...
I am IRANIAN-AMERICAN and my family has a PERSIAN rug.... get it?
1. An ethnic group who form the ethnic majority in the modern-day Islamic Republic of Iran (they make up about 51% of the country's population). They are also found in significant numbers in the UK, India and Gulf States, such as the United Arab Emirates.
2. A language traditionally spoken as a first language by Persians (see definition 1) as well as by Tajiks and the Hazara people of Afghanistan. Also known as Farsi, Parsi and Dari.
3. Before 1935, Iran was known as "Persia". When there was a country called Persia, its adjective was "Persian" and its citizens (regardless of ethnicity) were known as "Persians". Some people still falsely use the word in this way, in relation to the Islamic Republic of Iran.
4. A domestic breed of cat, notable for its long fur.
5. World-renowned rugs and carpets, exported from Iran to the rest of the world.
The Persian Empire, under various guises, existed from 728BCE until 1187CE. For much of its existence, it dominated Central Asia and was hugely influential upon the Islamic World.