A cult in the guise of a sanct of Christianity that uses brainwashing techniques to control the weak-minded, claiming to be the true prophet of God in their Watch Tower/Propaganda magazine. They don't celebrate holidays or even their own birthdays, and are discouraged from post-secondary education (i.e. college / university). This, obviously, is to leave future generations without the capacity to actually think and do a little research before they commit their lives to this mockery of a religion.more...
It's hard to believe that people still join this cult, which claims to be the true prophet of God, despite having falsely predicted the apocalypse at least six times since 1914. They have also changed their interpretations of the Bible and their doctrines, and sometimes even changed them back to what they read originally, and then back to the revised ones again, and (albeit rarely) back again to the original. What kind of prophet would be so indecisive?
The cult was started by someone who knew nothing of religious doctrine, and nothing of the original languages of the Bible. They claim that their translation is the one true translation, and that all others are the work of Satan.
They believe that governments are the work of Satan, and therefore do not vote, or even stand for their country's national anthem. They are also forbidden to salute their nation's flag. The Jehovah's Witness associated with Hitler against the Jewish people, and of course deny it. They also publicl...
A person that researches, studies, and discusses vampires in both the fictional and real world and the trends that follow them.
"Susan was a vampirologist. She was teaching a lecture course at UCLA starting in the fall featuring the interpretations of several horror novels, including Dracula and Carmilla."
There are a lot of interpretations of the word Chalga.As a matter of fact it is turkish by origin and means:Turkish instrumental music.For about twenty years the bulgarians name their pop-folk music with this word.
Wedding day- pop-folk(chalga)song
The mountain is my mother,but my father was the strong wind.
My brother is the heavy sea,the overgrowing grasses are my sisters.
Anthrocoatl is acknowledged throughout Internet writing workshops and debate forums as god of punctuation and lord of commas. Anthrocoatl does not smite for typoes or such; however, complete and total disregard for punctuation or contempt for it merits a smite. The god may also call on his followers to tear out the heart of those who violate his laws (Anthrocoatl is at heart rooted in Aztec tradition). The god will not appear simply for violations; a follower must invoke the name of Anthrocoatl and then he will manifest to destroy those who have defiled punctuation. According to somewhat convoluted mythology, the goddess Lucy Fer may be either Anthrocoatl's rival, lover, or fag hag. What this implies about Anthrocoatl's sexuality remains disputed in the scholarly world.
Anthrocoatl is god of punctuation because punctuation is arbitrary and difficult to define or rationalize, yet can easily cause an entire people to be destroyed in holy wars over a simple dispute of interpretations. Thus it is the perfect fodder of religion.
Anthrocoatl's Earthly incarnation, Anthropo, is so full of himself he made a long urban dictionary entry on his god side.
The site name was derived (I think?) from track 4 of Beck's cd Mellow Gold; It's THE place to find lyrical interpretations to Beck's music, a comprehensive listing of bootlegs and concert info dating back to his eccentric days, and other cool stuff.
Dude1: Hey! What happened to Beck.com! It's all flash and shit! It's not even geared to the fans anymore. *cries*
Dude2: Dude,Whiskeyclone is much better than the new beck.com
Dude1:(in between sobs): Beck's been commercialized!!!! IT'S A FUCKING CONSPIRACY!
The holy texts of the religion Islam containing the words of the porphet Muhammed. Can be seen as somewhat of an equivalent to the christian bible and and the jewish kabbalah. As all holy texts it is submitted to many different interpretations, which in turn has led to religious movements and even war. An example of this is the jihad issued towards the western world by al Qaeda.
To me it's just a book, but many sees the Koran as the most important texts in the history of civilization
1) n. Former Secretary of State and National Security Advisor to Presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford.
2) n. The politician who, combined with german rocket scientist Verner von Braun, was the inspiration for the character 'Dr. Strangelove,' featured in the Stanley Kubric movie of the same name. (ie-to economize on stereotypical german movie characters by combining them together, and hoping people will recognize at least one of them.)
3) p. A skillful and adroit diplomat with a contrived accent.
4) n. The first diplomat to demonstrate that the secret to successful diplomacy is to mumble and speak softly to the extent that nobody can really understand what you are saying. Hence, lending whatever you say to multiple interpretations, some of which are positive.
5) sp. The Nixon cabinet executive who initially suggested that a Howard Hunt and G. Gordon Liddy recruit a bunch of imbeciles to break into Daniel Elsberg's Psychiatrists office, causing the watergate scandal, and ultimately ending Nixon's term as president.
6) The first Secretary of State to wear clip-on suspenders.
7) p. Any paunchy, middle aged man who is able to have sex with attractive female celebrities based on his status with the liberal media establishment.
I'm not exactly sure what Dr. Kissinger said, but it sounded really clever and deep. Did anybody write it down?
I'm pretty sure Henry Kissinger speaks several languages, including greek. At least that's what it sounds like to me.
Is Dr. Kissinger speaking, or are we having trouble with the water pipes again?