|1.||Acronym Chat (AC)|
The use of acronyms in everyday conversation. Taken from the instant messaging chat speak way of communicating.
Teacher: "I'd like you to do your presentation first please"
This student is saying "No Thank You" using Acronym Chat (AC)
However 'lol' is usually said "lllolll" rather than L.O.L so would not classify as an AC.
To send a chat request to someone over an instant messanger like MSN or Yahoo the instant they log in with some random hello or strange quote.
Mech clicks login
0.5 seconds later
Neon: Hi, did you know kittens are furry?
Mech: HOLY HELL, stop being such a chat sniper fool. At least let the email warning come through first!!!!
Chatting on IM when you know the other person is not actually at their computer. The chat is time-shifted like Tivo and you know that your 'instant' message will not be immediately read. Instead you chat knowing that the messages will not be read until the other person returns to their computer.
me: hey, u @?
me: Tivo chat time
me: u should have heard the ruckus whn my p's came home
me: give me a holla whn ur back
me: i'll b on cell @ the beach byotch
me: going 4 a dip in de ocean!
Programmed bots on instant message programs that you can talk to. And example of one is SmarterChild.
Dude, this chat bot is so stupid.
A chat whore is someone who carries on two or more IM conversations simultaneously. Each IM friend seldom knows about the other chat that's going on and thinks they are the only one. There are telltale signs, however, that you are IM'ing with a chat whore, such as long pauses in between responses. The dead giveaway is when they accidentally paste a comment intended for someone else into your chat window - especially if the chat whore is talking about you or carrying on a parallel hot-chat.
You'd like to do WHAT to my ass? Wrong IM window, chat whore.
1. (n) An instant-messaging program that is built into google mail. Users are automatically logged in when they are checking their Gmail, and can chat with other Gmail users who are currently online.
2. (v) To Google chat someone, or refer to a google chat conversation in the past present or future.
Fast replacing AIM as the preferred instant messaging system among young professionals.
1. "Dude, are you really asking me to hit you up on AIM? How do you not have G-Chat??"
2. "How many people are showing up for softball tomorrow night?"
"Not sure, I gotta ask some people at work. G-Chat me in the morning."
3. "I was G-Chatting this fine lookin girl last night. She met me at my buddy's party and tracked me down through his listserv. How sweet is that"
"Nice man, SHE G-Chatted YOU?? You're totally in"
to virtually smack someone through instant message, chat or texting
(a conversation on IM)
person A: I'm really not getting anywhere with my guitar lessons
person B: Do you practice every day?
person A: no - should I?
person B: -chat smack-