1. short for identification (capitalized)
2. short for "i don't" followed by one or two other words (i.e. i don't know, i don't care, etc.)
most common w/ an extra word added:
1) In Freudian theory, the division of the psyche that is totally unconscious and serves as the source of instinctual impulses and demands for immediate satisfaction of primitive needs.
2) Short for identification
3) The creators of Doom
"As in this game is Stup-id" - Bart Simpson
along with the ego and the super-ego one of the three components of the pyche... apparently
worth 4 points in scrabble!
id... 4 points.., woo hoo
1. an identity card
2. any means of identification
I wanted a library card but I forgot my ID.
1. According to Freud, the part of the mind which embodies the instinctive subconcious - the hidden part of the iceberg, if you will. Freud was also the author of the theory that all men want to sleep with their mother, in case you wondered.
2. An internet name, commonly used by bored teenagers on electronic-gaming-oriented forums.
1. "My psychologist says I need to get in touch with my Id."
2. "Yeah, my name on the forum is 'Id'."
Track a DJ may have played that hasn't been released and therefore hasn't been ID'd.
New track a producer/DJ plays that nobody knows the name of yet.
How many ID's did he play last night?
Downloaded that set from EDC... There were so many ID's on it. Can't wait for them to be released!
To DJ: How many ID's you got for us tonight?
id is a software company too, pronounced like the last part of "did" NOT like I'd or I-D (as in identification).
They're best known for Quake (multiplayer) and Doom (singleplayer) game series'. They make other games too though, like Wolfenstein.
Yes, the later Doom series' have multiplayer (only holds four max though...) and Quake has singleplayer.
But like Call of Duty and Battlefield, nobody buys them for the weaker aspect. (Multiplayer, singleplayer, respectively)
id pwnz j00