1) The ideology in which one gender supports and seeks equity amongst both genders without denying the masculinity of men nor the femininity of women.
2) The view in which one (either man or woman) supports and seeks equity amongst the sexes without undermining the necessity and balance of the masculinity of men and femininity of women.
3) The concept of preserving the masculinity of men and femininity of women while obtaining equality amongst men and women.
1) "I believe in equity amongst both genders. In other words, I'm a 'Humanist'."
2) "I love my mate. They treat me with respect and appreciation. They are a 'Humanist'."
3) "As a nation, we need to unite and treat one another with respect. Neither denying the masculinity of men nor the femininity of women. We must uphold Humanism."
1.The doctrine that people's duty is to promote human welfare.
2.The doctrine emphasizing a person's capacity for self-realization through reason; rejects religion and the supernatural.
3.The cultural movement of the Renaissance; based on classical studies.
1.Susan Sackett, who worked with Roddenberry on Star Trek from 1974 until he died in 1991, spoke Saturday in Woodburn Hall about humanism in Star Trek.
2.Humanism rejects deference to supernatural beliefs in human affairs.
A religion with the human being as the ultimate deity.
Come to the humanism meeting on campus Wednesday evening. You'll learn what it means to be a true intellectual.