2. Derogatory slang for "person who is not me, who bears tangential similarity to a member of a youth movement from 10 years ago", used by people whose minds are older than their bodies. Contemporary update of hippie.
3. Word favored by people who like to use big words that have no actual meaning. See: pretentious, pseudo-intellectual, overrated, elitist, &c. The one word these people clearly do not know: irony
2. That young whippersnapper over there is quite a hipster. Now where did I put my dentures? Oh wait, I'm only 35.
3. That establishment is for hipsters! Pretentious pseudo-intellectual hipsters at that!
typically, hipsters are "slumming it" on mommy & daddy's dime. a full blown hipster reduces himself by never wearing anti-perspirant & appearing to be poor. drink of choice is rheingold, or pabst blue ribbon beer.
i'm not going there! it's full of hipsters!
1. A person who markets a facade of originality for social standing, when in fact they are not original; attention seeking and fake.
2. People who, despite following the hipster style trends, music, and culture, deny being a hipster.