1. A rare plant of the genus Citharexylum native to certain “districts” of Austin, Texas. Characterized by fuzzy stalks and cool flip-brims, these plants are pleasant to the sight of Homo sapiens. Although generally harmless, caution should be used when approaching these plants. The use of an irony defense shield is recommended.
2. Anyone who has ever touched a guitar or looks like Mickey Mouse.
Example: But of course, Claire. The theatre programme starts at 7 o’clock. Shall we, hipster-gangsta?
Noun: a state of confusion and dismay that occurs when a hipster realizes what they are.
A hipster on the road to recovery will typically stop at hipsternation.
Hipsternation can lead to a reaffirmation of hipsteric tendencies combined with mainstream culture to create a hybrid hipster (i.e. hipster-hopper, hipster-gangsta, etc.)
hippie + gangster = hipster
some1 who smokes a shitload of weed and trips on shit like a hippie, but still keeps it gangster.
yo you see dat kid who just took sum acid and is now sparking up a beezy? thats a hipster
A more gangsta version of a Hipster. Exemplified by listening to rap, ghetto mannerisms, and occasional gangsta speech but still retains the apparel and sensibilities of a Hipster.
Hipster 1 - "Man, what's up with that guy?"
Hipster 2 - "I don't know, he's like one of us...but not"
Hood Hipster - "Fuck yo couches BITCH!"
In the 1940s and 1950s it meant beatniks, bohemians, people into jazz and poetry, pushing the extremes when it came to sex and substance abuse, etc. etc.
Today it means what poseur meant in the 70s/80s - an insult for pseudo intellectual young people who claim to be into obscure pop culture of the past and are into co-opting cool stuff, and adopt white trash chic like trucker hats or Pabst Blue Ribbon, While being a 21st century hipster is preferable to being a gangsta, wigger, or yuppie, it's still nothing to be proud of today.
There is a book called "The Hipster Handbook" that made up fake "hipster" slang thinking that someone would fall for it
The only thing in common between the hipsters of the mid 20th century and those of today is that both are associated with New York City
Jack Kerouac was an example of a 1950s hipster.
Julian Casablancas is an example of a 21st century hipster
1. n. A boob. Plural, boobs. Usually refering to large ones.
2. n. A particularly superficial (female) philly hipster who no one really likes because she's a condescending bitch. A manna thinks she knows everything and is convinced that she is always right. She is so disliked that even her closest friends enjoy maliciously talking about her when she is not around. She is also very promiscuous, however, being a whore does not work toward her advantage because she is usually bad in bed. Though she dresses well and appears beautiful on the surface, the rotting evil from within her corrupt soul seeps though her joke of a personality leaving behind a vile stench that trails from thrift store to thrift store. She also has very bad posture and talks with her hands so excessively that it is often mistaken for her having a seizure, it is not cute at all.
1. "Check out the huge mannas on her!"
2. "If I see one more manna with a mullet I'm going to fucking puke."
see non hipster. today's 2008 hipster definition has flipped around. the hipster these days is the normal average everyday walmart/starbucks shopper. walmart is bigger than jesus. he drives a normal car, listens to normal mainstream rock and pop, hangs out at the mall and starbucks, eats mcdonalds and applebees.he lives a predictable and forgettable life. because punk and emo have become so prominant in the last few years. the normal guy is now considered the hipster because there are only a few of them left. the hipster insults punk kids, art kids, indie kids, coffeeshop kids, pretentious psuedo intellectuals because the preppy 2008 hipster kid thinks he is normal, average everyday, and cool. today's hipster is a college kid getting drunk from using his rich parent's money and whining about liberals. he is too passive aggressive to do it in person so he goes online to insult art kids, liberals, anything anti mainstream, booksmart people. he is showy with his parent's money because his parent's are rich yuppie hipsters by this definition.more...