for examples please see: kanye west, flo rida, ne-yo, usher, chris brown, lmfao, jason derulo and any remix featuring pit bull or lil wayne.
claire: 'yeah dude, lmfao is the shit.'
katrina: 'kings of hip-pop, man.'
joe: 'why you change the station?'
ryan: 'cause i like hip-hop, not hip-pop. lame.'
joe: 'you're the one who is lame.'
Lil Bow Wow
In other words half-assed "rappers" who claim that they are the shit when the only people that should be receiving credit for their music are the producers. Since they are the ones that create the beats, it doesn't really matter about the music. Any ass clown can get a bomb ass producer and rap about bullshit and make millions of dollars. A prime example is anything off Nelly's latest album or that milkshake song that is on the air right now.
Hip pop artist lyrics mostly include the following topics:
1. Sippin' Cristal Champagne
2. Rollin' in Escalades, Navigators, or other over-priced SUV's.
3. Talkin' about DUB rims or Spinners.
4. Lame ass choruses that includes 20 other rappers singing along from their mediocre label.
5. Talking about how hard the "gang" life was when they were raised in a suburb, not the hood (See Ja Rule).
Hip Pop is bullshit people, it's a marketing tactic that brainwashes the minds of the youth of America into thinking that these lame ass rappers do have good lyrics. If you want good lyrics go listen to the real hip hop:
KRS-One, Mos Def, Gangstarr, Rakim, and Common. Just to name a few.
(2)hip-hop songs that reach the top 40, are incredibly overplayed, and are made by manufactured, fake rappers
Hip Pop Jay Z
HIP HOP Chuck D