Requiring a lot of attention. When describing a person, high-maintenance usually means that the individual is emotionally needy or prone to over-dramatizing a situation to gain attention
Although he was a nice boy, his low self-esteem made him high-maintenance.
A person who has expensive taste (re. clothing, restaurants, etc.).
This person is never comfortable because he/she is constantly concerned about his/her appearance.
This person feels they are better than most people and usually judge others based on outward appearances.
I am not high maintenance
1. Require (ing) a lot of work/attention to maintain.
2. Require (ing) a lot of money or attention to appearance.
3. Require (ing) a high emotional investment or en excessive amount of money.
EXAMPLES OF HIGH-MAINTENANCE BEHAVIOR:
-Having frequent professional cosmetic consultations, such as hair-dressing, manicures and pedicures
-Excessive worthless spending (tricking)
-Being too delicate or suavé
NOTE: high-maintenance is primarily used to refer to attractive straight women or a person/people that's stuck on self.
1. Requiring much time and many products to keep their appearance at the current level. 2. And/or requiring much attention from others in relationships, romantic or otherwise.
1. I know I'm high maintenance, said the beauty queen.
2. Anne was a high maintenance employee, with her nearly daily requests for time-off or time-shifting.
A gluttonous queen, narcissistic and mean.
She's so high maintenance, I can't stand being around her anymore.
madison: some girl that is very attention seeking, and always wanting you to tell her she is beautiful.
George has a high maintenance friennd.
Someone who is fixated on Diamond Chairs and Diesel jeans.
He is really laid back, but if you saw his apartment you would call him high maintenance.