A fear of heterosexuals.
The gay man is scared to act straight because he doesn't want anyone to think that he's straight. He needs to get over his heterophobia. It's ok if he's gay.
Gays who are afraid of heterosexuals usually due to their own inner heterosexual feelings or leanings.
Don't be afraid gay you're probably just straight.
It is or it means male or female sharing any other sexual like, than heterosexuals who have a persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of heterosexual activities that compels one to avoid it, despite a heterosexual folk desire. Heterophobia is an unreasoning disgust or intense aversion of heterosexuals, frequently supported by erroneous, and faulty statements about heterosexuals.
1. Aversion to heterosexual people or their lifestyle or culture.
2. Is a behavior or an act based on this aversion.
3. Is a strong dislike or aversion to heterosexual people.
4. Is an irrational fear of, aversion to, antipathy towards heterosexuals.
5. Is people who endulge in bigotry or intolerance because of the heterophobia sickness.
heterophobia: heterosexuals are promoted by the media, flaunt their sexuality, heterosexuals are pervert those are unrealistic thoughts of heterophobia
1) The often irrational fear of heterosexuals. Usually experienced by a homosexual or bisexual who was had bad experiences with heterosexual coupling.
2) Also used as a joke. A way for a homosexual/bisexual person to tease straight friends when they're making out.
1) Jenna, the notorious lesbian, avoided most people due to a deep and cutting case of heterophobia, which she blamed on being rpaed by her stepfather when she was young.
2) Gay person: Eww! Hetero love!
Straight person: ...heterophobe...
To hate heterosexuals out of some bizarre,unrational or innate fear of them.Probably due to your own repressed heterosexual feelings.
Up with Heterosexual pride!
queer frustration and hatred towards straight oppression. often mistakenly perceived to be equivalent to homophobia, or other forms of discrimination.
Guy 1: "I don't know, I think heterophobia is just as bad as homophobia."
Guy 2: "I know. It's like people completely forget about all the poor straight people evicted from their homes, excluded from the army, denied rights, murdered, assaulted, shunned from their family, etc. for being straight."
n. HETERO(sexual) + PHOBIA
1 irrational hatred or fear of heterosexuals 2 to make distinctions in treatment; show partiality or prejudice against traditional heterosexual standards adj.- heterophobic (-fo'bik)
That homosexual militant has a case of heterophobia
Unreasoning prejudice against heterosexuals or their sexuality, the LGBT equivalent of reverse racism
, and the inverse of homophobia
. Commonly manifested as a disgust with the very idea of straight sexuality and/or reproduction, it copies the prejudices of homophobia, including the idea that straightness is unnatural, or unhealthy, or can somehow be "cured." Frequently paired with prejudice towards the opposite sex, this is surprisingly common in the LGBT community, but is often not addressed, due to concerns political correctness.
At the same time, it has also been used a propaganda
slur by homophobes
, who level the charge at any gay or lesbian who stands up for their rights. As such, it is a highly contentious term.
Being gay is one thing, but saying that women can't please men?! That's just heterophobia!