1. Where you go or call if you know nothing about computers to talk to someone who often knows only marginally more than you do but has to pretend that he or she does anyway not to get fired as fast
2. Where you go or call if you know nothing about computers to talk to somebody who knows nothing about people
3. A stressful and thankless campus job
1. Hello, this is the <insert organization name here> helpdesk, what can we do for you today...What, your internet's not working. Well, is the wireless button turned one? Is the LAN cable plugged in? Oh, uh maybe you DNS-IP server thingy dohicky thing is not connecting to the subnet mask...Can you bring it in sometime today?
2. Hello, this is the <insert organization name here> helpdesk, what can we do for you today...What, your internet's not working. Well, hit winkey-R and type C-M-D. What, you don't know where the winkey is? It's the key with the window on it, usually between the alt and control keys...Okay, you see the black box now. Type W-I-N...
3. The campus helldesk has a high turnover rate.
hell desk helldesk help desk helpdesk tech support campus job it
This is what you get when a helpdesk that you have to phone to resolve a problem is manned by an evil bitch from hell. This woman will generally have the people skills of an angry pitbull terrier, the patience of a rattlesnake being poked with a stick and the intelligence and problem solving skills of a paving slab.
Just got off the phone to the Helldesk. That Jackie is a complete bitch.