So, here's my definition for scene.more...
LET'S JUST MAKE IT CLEAR THAT I'M NOT WITH OR AGAINST THIS KIND OF PEOPLE.
Typical scene kid
* has over 5000 friends on myspace.
* tries not to fix their myspace page too much, to make it sound like they don't give a shit about it.
* they constantly say they have a life outside of myspace.
* their myspace urls include words like: drug, killer, phsycho, millionaire, malice, gore, vanity, miss, massacre, panic, doll, brutal, terror, etc; including a trademark next to it.
* They join a gazillion trains, to get as many scene friends as possible.
* Most of them are vegan and are members of PETA.
* They use extensions and dye their hair of different colors just to seem cool. they dye it not only of a rainbow color, they can have their hair covered with an animal print, like zebra or leopard, zig zags,
1. Any person who conforms to a fashion statement rather than an ideal or way of life. Most American universities, colleges and secondary schools keep a steady population of poseurs, usually in art classes and libraries. The poser is known to congregate in small groups, usually of their own ilk, or with real punkers or metalheads in an attempt to fit in. The telltale sign of a poseur is their lack of knowledge of music, art and the culture they are pretending to portray. As an example, the roots of the punk rock movement was based more on all out rebellion and an attitude going against the social status quo and morays. In contrast, the poseur holds none of these values, yet will pretend to.
"My advanced ceramics class is chock full of hipster poser fucks. All they do flip their scarves around and talk about going to shows and making out and doing their hair."
"Did you see those two hardcore guys beat the snot out of that poser guy after the show?"
"Yeah, they broke his nose and stole his scarf"
"Serves him right for wearing a scarf in the summer"
This is how to be hardcore
Girls,wear your hair more to one side than the other,and dye it some other color in a random place
Guys just have it in your face. It doesnt matter how you do it
Get a myspace/facebook and say hardcore stuff on it like:
"Im not trying to please you,go away"
Wear glasses even if you dont need them.
Be random. Random=hardcore
BE DIFFERENT. Even though you dress and act like every other typical teenager,you ARE different because you like rainbows.
Guys,be bi curious.
Get odd piercings and tattoos. (or say you're going to,that's also hardcore)
Put periods at the end of everything you say.
Get a bf/gf and after two weeks say you're in love them
Starve yourself when you're depressed. (Okay you can have that granola bar real quick,just dont let anyone see it)
"Accidentally on purpose" roll up your sweatshirt sleeves to reveal the cut on your arm,then roll it down real fast,but make sure people see it!
Flip your hair out of your face even when it's not in your face.
Blog that you're so misunderstood and you want to run away.
Wear skinny jeans. Colored ones are a plus
Girls,when you're taking a picture,you need to hold the camera up and hold one side of your head
Guys take pictures where your hair's sweepish and you're smiling (do not show your teeth!)
Wear Vans and Converse.
MAKE YOUR ROLE MODELS AUDREY KITCHING AND ALEX EVANS
|32.||crescent moon face|
Adj. Describing an emo with a flip of hair, usually colored an inky black, obscuring his or hers' face (usually one eye).
Phil: Hey Jimbob, why are there all those crescent moon faces hanging around that store?
Jimbob: There must be some sale on razers, eyeliner...or something.
Screamo is a relatively new name for a style of music that's been out sinse the 90's, maybe the 80's. The need for this comes from the cashing in on this genre. Emo has been out since the early 80's (dagnasty, embrace, rites of spring)but it was never labeled that until it hit popularity in the malls. Same with Screamo. Screamo is a hybrid of Hardcore music and Emo. It's Youth of Today + Sunny Day Real Estate. It's characterized by aggressive hardcore or metal riffs with soft melodies and breakdowns woven in between. The stereotypical person that listens to this type of music is the kids who like hardcore music but have that soft side. They're typically very religious, practice straight edge lifestyles and let their surpressed anxieties out through this music. They're too tough for Dashboard yet too soft for Cannibal Corpse. Their stereotypical appearance is also evident of this fusion. The black clothing, brass knuckles, guerrilla bandana, bullet belts and chains adhere to the hard side while the long hair, make-up, pink and white highlights (in the hair and the clothes) represent the soft side. To me, this is just teenage confusion. Although the music was developed from truer roots. These screamo kids are leftover fans of Marilyn Manson, Korn, and other scary crap-metal bands of the late 90's early 2000's. The thing that really gets me about this genre is how so very stereotypical and shallow it is. The music is very much teh same, as well as the wardrobe, and even the ...more...
a wannabe emo.
They desperatly want to be emo.
sometimes even call themselves emo.
they claim that EVERYONE calls them emo, but thats not the case.
They go around PRETENDING to self harm, but they dont have the guts to do it.
They try to befriend emos, or emoish people.
They normally try to get into emo clothes but it ends up looking wrong.
They often have long hair, and try to flip it in front of their eyes.
They use words on msn like "lawl" "hawt" "yew" "lobbe"
They often have a myspace, but dont know how to use it properly, they arent good with the codes and most likely cant use the <BR> code. They try to use emo layouts but it doesnt work.
They put makeup on but it doesnt look emo.
it looks wannabed.
they also claim their more emo than everyone else.
They dont really know emo music and are most likely to listen to more alternative and hip hop music.
wemo: Omgz. i lobbbee lip piercings dnt u lawwwll!
person: er,, your a WEMO
|35.||douchey bro guy|
A person who:more...
- is relatively attractive and seems to come from money or hippy parents or both.
- calls everyone bro or bra
- wears flip flops and surf shorts EVERYWHERE. May or may not wear a baseball or trucker cap.
- is tan and might be multi-ethnic but usually white
- listens to Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz and Dave Matthews. If over 30, listens to Hootie and the Blowfish, Chumbawumba and Blues Traveler.
- gets drunk weekly, if not daily and might urinate in someone's yard.
- isn't necessarily a chauvinist but thinks of all women as attainable. Similar to a Romanticist.
- is a part time surfer or sky diver or bungee jumper. Not usually a skateboarder or a rock climber but is friends with some. Isn't football fanatic but is ok with pretty much outdoor activity.
- is a metrosexual with hair and hygiene products but is not a clean housekeeper.
- appears shop at urban outfitter but doesn't seem to buy his own clothes because he never has money.
- wears puka shells. Is partially into most Eastern cultures accessories and spirituality, especially if it will appeal to cute hippy or sorority girls.
- drives just over the speed limit. Isn't in a hurry and doesnt pay attention to where he's going.
- plays a lot of a specific kind of video games (game cube) but not all kinds.
- not a geek or nerd but might have a skill
- is emotionally careless and completely unreliable.
- might have a pet but someone else takes care of it.
- does laundry at his mothers house or ex...