1) From the Italian Verb - Guidare - to drive
2) Conjegation of italian word *to drive* meaning I drive...Io guido
3) A Name represanting Gill in Italian. Male name
3) A sterotypical version of the italian american. Guidos are supposedly all italian when They have never been to the country in there entire life. They presumme that they are "the ####, gee" when they look like "####..gee?"
1) Are Italian American residing predominatly in New York or New Jersey.
2)Cannot speak proper english and immitate a terriable new york accent ( I am a New Yorker from the Bronx and I don't talk like that!!!)
3) Most likely have never been to Italy. And if they have, have most likely been to the South ( such as Palermo and Calabria)
4) Believe they know everything about italy when they dont!.( and if you are a guido going "pfff!" at this...then tell me, who is Coismo di Medici...and Petrarco? )
5) Think they can speak Italian when all they know are words from their grandmother ( a.k.a La Nonna) who came from south italy and speaks a regional dialect. ( If you are a guido and still denying it.....alhora, dimmi che cosa dico adesso é voglio vedere che cosa scriverái....eh? cosa vuoi dirmi?? Solo "talia la peciuota??" col tuo dialetto schifoso siciliano??? BAAAA! )
6) Think People in Italy act the way they act...hell no! They are very cultured!!!! And I am proud to say that I grew up under that influence and not some "yo, look at me lets hit the club"
7) Only where Armani Exchange......psssssh! Please, Bitch, I wear Dolce and Gabbana, Prada, Kenneth Cole and Christian Dior.....you couldn't match me with your false "bella figura"
9) sorry for getting off up there but back to what guidos are....
10)Make fun of homos....and for your information my dear guido...10% of Italy is GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11)Are born and raised Catholic...nothing against it...I'm catholic and italy is 98% Catholic......but Guidos only go to church during Easter and Christmas.....
12) Think all italy is about the mafia....ummmm...for your information.....italy has gotten rid of the mafia ages ago...where's your brain?? Surely not on italy's new semi communist leader Brodi (GASP!)
13) Think Sicily is another country...DUMB ASS! It's a province of Italy!!!!!!!!!
14) Can't dress formally...buttoned up shirts that are half open...dear sweet god NO! Do me a favor and go look at GQ......see how REAL Italians dress (a.k.a ...MILANESE look!)
15)Listen only to techno,....well so do I, but they Only listen to it...and italian singers like Nek and Laura Pausini...which is nice...but they have no idea what they are saying...lol
16) Think Italian food is just pasta with mussels and meat balls....yo! Ever heard of Odori or Pesto???
17) Give annoying names like sal for Salvatore and Frankie for Franceso and Jonny for Gianlucca....uffa!
18) If they actually went to italy, they would be considered gay,......NO JOKE!
19) Assume they respect women but really only #### themmm,....yes...####..and they are usually guidettes...
20) Guidettes are noisey spolied bitches in high heeled books, ambercromie jeans and a/x shirts...and have WAAAAAYYY too much make up on them...their hair is also extremly straight and highlighted.
20) If they went to italy...they'd be ######...again...no joke!
21) Make fun of art, theatre, and poetry because it's "gay"...bitch...ITALIANS INVENTED THAT "GAY" STUFF!!
22)Think French is gay.......Italy is partners with France in europe....they are considered twins...so if you call france gay...you say italy is gay...."capisce?"
23) STOP SAYING CAPISCE!! It is pronounced and grammatically incorrect!....It's "capisci?" for you and "Hai capito?" for past tense....uffa!
24) Drive BMWs....Italians actually drive Smart Cars and I have been to italy about 7 times and have never seen an ferrari!!!
25) BMWs are German for your information...lol
26)Gel their hair waaaayyyy to much
27) Metro sexuals, but italians natrually are so props for that....
28) Think the Godfather and good fellas are italian classics......umm...no...that would be, La vita é bella and Remember me my love, Malena, The Last Kiss.....go watch those and see how italians really are
29) Italians from ITALY..are metrosexual, but keep it under control. Wear name brands but also know how to make wal mart look good...almost all of them speak french or german....drink espresso and green tea....listen to punk....are scholarly...a.k.a geeky for you...go to theatres.....read and write poetry.......READ BOOKS!!! and no not hary potter...I mean books like The new life by dante!!!
30) Guidos make fun of other races...not all of them,,,,but some...Italians do not and enjoy learning about others and practicing them
Now, I am Half Italian Half Dominican but grew up going to Italy and beng Raised italian. My mother comes from Genova ( in the north italy but her family is from the south in Naples) I grew up with the life style of an actual italian and not an italian american and when I look at guidos, it is sad that they are so limited of true knowledge of italy is...guido is a stero type...dont follow it...strive to be different.
If you are proud to be italian, dont put a flag on ur car...read DANTE and there goes your pride...!!
1) Loro non vogliono guidare con noi
2) Io guido ogni giorno quando ho bisogno di portare i miei figli alla scuola.
3) My Friend's name is Guido Medicino
4) Heya yo My name is Giovanni Carpigani and I come straight from BK!! yo, what up?
So yeah, just got make from the gym and now hitting it up my nonna's place for some meatballs al italiano and they're like the ####. Nobody on Chirstoforo Colombo Blvd can make Meat balls like Nonna Giussepina..yeah...YEAA!
So my mom just got me some new speakers for my ride, yo and the fellas and i are gonna hit it at the club to check out the "ragazzas", you hear...it's gonna be made cool yo!
Them hot bitches are gonna be bagin when the catch a look at out new razor phones with the Godfather theme ring tone...that be off the chain!!!!
My Cousin Gina also got me this new shirt from Aramni exchange,,,,#### be poppin son!! Yo, I gotta go holla at my homie, Frankie G Corpaccio and tell him about tonights after plans...we gonnaa beat some ####### up at canarsie for being so gay...they be reaading shakespeare...#######...we'll teach them a lesson...italian pride bebe...peace...!
A sad pathetic excuse for a male; not necessarily of Italian descent, but most likely; usually native to the New York/New Jersey Tri-State area.
WARDROBE: tight zipper shirts, tracksuits, designer jeans, fuzzy kangol hats, tiny hoop earrings, fake gold chains, and related Euro-trash garb and tacky cheese-wear.
NATURAL HABITAT: Known to frequent Tri-State area malls looking for club gear to waste their week's pay on (most likely spotted shopping at "Bang Bang" in Staten Island). During the day when not at their food delivery, telemarketting, or construction job, can be located at their local gym tanning or lifting weights. Can be found nightly at mainstream danceclubs they read about online (SF, Webster Hall, Etc.). Most notable for cruising the Jersey shore in an old car (Honda, Mustang, etc.) which has been tinted, painted and sports $1,000-$3,000 rims in a feeble attempt to look like new. Guido cars usually have a boomin' system through which cheesy music like freestyle, commercial club/trance and hip-hop (anything KTU plays) is loudly blasted.
GENETIC LINKS: Directly related to modern day urban-guidos, A.K.A. "wiggers," A.K.A. "wegros;" urban-guidos are white males who once exhibited the traits referenced above, but have now instead opted to keep it unreal, with wardrobes consisting of clothes from labels like FUBU and Rocawear which they bought on sale at Macy's. These individuals still listen to the same music and drive the same type of car as their predece...
an Italian American man usually residing in New York or New Jersey. He wears shirts that are too tight and unbuttoned 5 buttons too low to show off the chest that he spent hours and hours at the gym obtaining, he spends more time on his hair than his girlfriend, and continues to "hit the clubs" long into his mid to late 30's. Often attracted to the female version of himself, the guidette.
Could that guy at the bar be any greasier?! He is such a guido
The Guido is an entirely American phenomena, with its epicenter in the New York/ New Jersey metropolitan area. Although most of its examples are of Italian-American descent, manytimes other non-descript Caucasians will follow suit in an attempt to achieve an identity- in fact any identity. The Guido is highly recognizable by his attention to muscular development, status symbols, and regional dialect. Guidos are fortunate in that they usually tend to be loyal to their heritage and cultures. However, their interpretation of the Italian culture is unique to Americans. They fall sorrily short when attempting to emulate the sophistication of European-born men. In fact, their shortcomings include a tendency toward alcoholism, legal problems (usually related to assault, reckless driving, noise violations), and an inability to compete in legimate business. Fortunately for them, they usually live an exciting, care-free existance. They are easily satiated by tacky mall attire, drunken nights with similar-minded women, and nightclubbing in the lesser desired beach towns such as Seaside Heights, New Jersey. In the end, although they maintain a unique sense of identity and pride, their superficial lives often leave them empty. The tolls of excessive grooming products, STDs, and alcohol abuse age these specimens quite poorly. The time spent in fitness clubs is usually far offset by their lifestyle choices.
"Although he spends all his time in the gym and dancing in the clubs, that Guido will soon be a burned out alcoholic working a thankless job, living alone in his one-bedroom apartment in North Jersey"
Guidos today give the whole Italian culture a bad name. Gelled up blow outs, shirts extra small - bout the size my 8 year old niece would wear. Stupid sunglasses worn day and night. Usually all second generation Italians, and either don't speak of word of the language, or have learned just enough to enforce their guido image. Dark hair, waxed eyebrows, fake tans, lots of tacky jewlery. The modern day guido has usually never worked a day in their life (considered among guidos as an on going accomplishment) which leaves themselves babied by mama and papa. Thats right, no matter whos birthday it was for the BMW is still DADDY's bitch! Which brings up another point, Guidos drive BMW's Italians drive Cadillacs assholes. And even realer italians drive fiats and alfo romeos.
The guido doesnt care what his appearance really is, with a gut, skinny arms, a tight track suit and sandals he will still think he is the shit.
Every guido ive seen wears some form of womens facial make-up. Often when the guido does not have a desirable pigment to their eyes they will buy colored contacts.
The guido takes pictures of himself in poses that he wants to seem candid, often these pictures are numerous and the guido selects the 1 of 100 pics to put on his myspace page, which is littered with images of italian flags and the colors red white and green.
The common guido cannot tell you how old the Pope is, or who the leader of italy is. In fact, they probably dont even realize that when they call...
an italian who is culturally challenged and makes us real italians look bad.
Hey did you guys hear, Kim Cignarella is going out with some guido from Fairfield, what doosh bags.
An Italian-American that pretends to be Italian by: Talking with a thick New York accent; driving their cars way too fast with techno music blasting; dressing in tight clothes/valour, with their hair slicked back, gold chains, bracelets and rings and chest hair sticking out; usually being of ignorant towards gays and minorities and disrespectfull of woman; lives in Staten Island or Howard Beach, Queens; gives Italians a bad name although it's okay for Italians to be guidos as long as they dont share the aassholee attitude that most guidos do.
"Nice valour suit, you look like a guido"
An adolescent or young-adult American male of Italian ancestry or descent; esp. one of lower-middle-class socioeconomic background or status and thought of as being dim-witted, excessively aggressive, and prejudiced against perceived outsiders, particularly homosexuals and members of other races.
The Bensonhurst section of Brooklyn is widely regarded by the rest of New York City as a "Guido" stronghold.