Green Day - American Idiot (the song):
A brief, meaningless rant, picking up on the Hot Topic/MTv trend of saying you're a rebel, yet... Green Day is the only "punk" band you've ever even heard of. Also, proof that Billie Joe is lyrically retarded.
Bad Religion - any album/song ever produced: Bad Religion are a REAL punk band that has been making punk rock since the 70's, with the likes of Dead Kennedys, The Misfits, Rancid, and hundreds of other bands little Greenday pop-punks probably have never heard of.
Their music is not only political (it's one thing to say "Oh, I don't wanna' be an 'American Idiot'" "Oh, rednecks are stupid" "Down with Bush!" It's another thing to actually write meaningful lyrics about it that actually inspire intellectual thought, rather than MTv raves.
2. A popular punk rock band with members from Rodeo and Willits, California.
2. Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool are also members of Green Day.
girl 2: "Yeah, billie joe is gorgeous"
me: "For gods sake! they have been around for 15 odd years!"
girl 3: "really? wow do you reckon Nirvana will ever get back together? that would be qualtiy"
me: *sound of me crying on the floor in utter despair*
2) Popular American pop-punk band with such classics as Good Riddance (Time of Your Life), Basket Case and Longview. Sometimes said to be inspiration for various later pop-punk bands.
2) I am going to the Green Day concert next week.
2) A day when you just sit around and do nothing but smoke weed
2) That stoner's has 1 too many green days. He's trippin, man!