punk band, consisting of Tre Cool, Mike Drint and the all wonderful Bille Joe Armstrong,from California
i must say that i do love Green day, but they are no match for blink 182. Green day are pretty god damn amazing, but blink 182 are just that bit more awsome. But in all fairness Green day did kick blink's ass when they went on tour together.
Now a note to all the green day fan wanna be's. If u dare try and call ur self green day's biggest fan, or that they are the best thing ever, and u are one of these people that hav only ever heard the likes of american idiot, boulevard of broken dreams and when september ends, then i must stress that NO, you are not green day's "biggest fan".
the new album, american idiot, is crap compared to the greatness of the other green day albums, like dookie and warning. most of the millions of people i see walking aroung with their american idiot hoodys would probably look at u as if u were mad if u asked them "whats ur favorite song from nimrod?"
i dont ever call myself green days biggest fan, nor blink's biggest fan for that matter, but at leat i hav listed to the proper green day music, and am not fooled by the new more pop punk Green day album.
"Jackass" lyrics : "Warning" : Green Day
To know you is to hate you
So loving you must be like suicide
I don't mind if you don't mind
I'm not the one that's going to die
I guess i just can't listen
To this one sided conversation again
`cause I don't care if I don't care
No one ever said that life is fair
Everybody loves a joke
But no one likes a fool
And you're always cracking the same old lines again
You're well rehearsed on every verse
And that was stated clear
But no one understands your verity
|green day images|
A day spent smoking marijuana.
Saturday was a green day.
by anonymous Sep 18, 2003 add a video
A sort-of punk rock band that was good but not extremely popular until recently, when thousands of teenyboppers found out about them on TRL, believing their newest and worst CD to date to be "teh bset". Now every fourteen year old in the country rants about how great Boulevard of Broken Dreams is and are known to exclaim things such as "OMG BILLY JOE IS HAWT!!!1" and "DONT WANNA BE AN AMERICAN IDIOT!!12". Their new CD is mediocre at best, so please listen to their other albums instead.
The typical Green Day "fan" has never heard of Nimrod or Kerplunk, but totally eats up the new pop-punk garbage.
1. A day which is mainly spent smoking the drug marijuana, in an effort to end boredom. May have originated in California in the mid-80's.
2. A popular punk rock band with members from Rodeo and Willits, California.
1. I had a green day yesterday.
2. Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool are also members of Green Day.
Quality band which poeple tend to see as sell outs because of their last album American idiot. For me they will always be remembered for Insmoniac and dookie two of the best punkish albums I have in my collection. Unfortunatly their main following now consists of teeny boppers who only discovered Green day existed when Boulevard of broken dreams came out and wouldn't know "At the library" from "Westbound sign" Still i suppose they had to find someone to fantasise over after Busted split up. DAMN YOU CHARLIE!!
girl 1: "wow have you heard that new band Green day?"
girl 2: "Yeah, billie joe is gorgeous"
me: "For gods sake! they have been around for 15 odd years!"
girl 3: "really? wow do you reckon Nirvana will ever get back together? that would be qualtiy"
me: *sound of me crying on the floor in utter despair*
1) A day to smoke weed.
2) Popular American pop-punk band with such classics as Good Riddance (Time of Your Life), Basket Case and Longview. Sometimes said to be inspiration for various later pop-punk bands.
1) It was a green day.
2) I am going to the Green Day concert next week.
1) An awesome rock band lead by singer Billie Joe Armstrong that has many hits like When I Come Around, Welcome to Paradise, Basket Case, She, Brain Stew, Time Of Your Life, Warning, Minority, and Don't Wanna Fall In Love
2) A day when you just sit around and do nothing but smoke weed
1) Man, right now I'm listening to a Green Day CD and the songs are awesome!
2) That stoner's has 1 too many green days. He's trippin, man!
A day when one who personally does not have any marijuana of there own, still manages to get high all day, via friends, or just being in the right places at the right times.
"I was out of weed, but thanks to the generosity of my friends, I had a green day."