Hebrew and Yiddish term for a non-Jewish person; synonymous with "gentile." Usually neutral, despite persistent untrue rumors that it is derogatory. It should only be considered offensive when it is used in a context indicating that it's intended as an insult, or said in a tone of disgust- much like the word "Jew." Plural, "goyim"; adjective forms "goyish," "goyishe," "goyisher."
Shoshana married a goy.
1. A Hebrew word used in the Jewish Scriptures (a.k.a. the Old Testament). The word means "nation," and is always used within these scriptures to refer to the nations of the world. Significantly, within the Old Testament, Judah (the Jewish nation) itself is called a "goy."
2. In the Old Testament, the Jews were called to be a nation separate from the other nations, which were all Pagan. And so, colloquially, all non-Jewish nations came to be called "goyim" as in "the nations" from which the God of the Old Testament had called upon the Jews to separate themselves.
3. A word used by some Jews to refer to Gentiles (non-Jews). The word can have derogatory connotations, such as the word "black" when used to refer to a persons of African descent. It can be neutral or negative depending on the context and the intent of the speaker.
Plural - goyim.
1. "Gather together, gather together O shameful goy" - Zephaniah 2:1 (Referring to the Jewish nation)
2. Jews don't eat pork, goyim eat pork.
Hebrew term for "gentile", it's usually used in an unflattering manner. It, like "gentile", literally means "nation" (as in tribe or race, not really country).
The Yiddish pejorative term for a gentile or non Jew of European decent. Used in a derogatory fashion to indicate the lesser value of the non chosen masses or goyim.
Used with disdain it can have the same connotation as calling a person of African decent a "nigger".
Stupid fucking Goy!
Goyishe Kop - stupid person
get over your self
you are not all that g.o.y.s
Go Off Yourself. A nice alternative to G.F.Y.
, also slightly more offensive.
Hey Buddy, I have a great idea, G.O.Y.!
A white group of boys who act gangster
Those goys are such try hards