Gonzo porn took the storyline out of adult movies and headed straight for the sex. No longer would the pornoholic have to fast forward through 10 minutes of inept dialog to get 5 minutes of sex. They got sex throughout the whole video.
Gonzo porn was not always shot in the first person or in point-of-view fashion as some have suggested here and the quality of the movie depended largely on who was producing it.
2) A perticular style of journalism used most famously by writer Hunter S. Thompson in the 60s and 70s, in which the journalist becomes a part of the action. A natural extension of Tom Wolfe's "New Journalism", Based upon the idea that fiction and journalism are both a means to the same end, and that the best journalists have always known this.
3) A blue character on the Muppets with a very phallic nose.
4) A style of first-person pornography, from the view of the camera operator.
Gonzo: founder of gonzo is John "Buttman" Stagliano. His wife Tricia Devereaux was kind enough to give us THE definition:
1. Bizarre (adjective)
2. Freewheeling or unconventional, especially to the point of outrageousness (adjective)
3. Idiosyncraqtically subject by engage <gonzo journalism> (adjective)
4. A blue weird from outer space, generally silly in nature (noun)
5. A playful nickname that is given to anyone with the last name Gonzalez (noun)
Hey Gonzo, come over here.
Perhaps Italian, simpleton (perhaps short for Borgonzone Burgundian), or Spanish ganso, dullard, goose (of Germanic origin)