- A phrase used only by the media and old people who have no clue what just happened and want to call it something cute.
- a word used to convince the ignorant masses that there is a mysterious conspiracy happening.
- the fastest way to make someone who works in the software development industry cringe like fingernails on the chalkboard.
Reporter: Today's polling has been plagued by glitches. Prompting further calls for a full federal investigation of voting irregularities.
1. N. A genre of music, sometimes considered a subset of ambient or idm, which focuses on the idea of "errors" as a musical element. The "errors" in question are usually digital; a common element in glitch music is the rhythmic squeaking clicking noise which occurs when you play back a CD which has been badly scratched.
Seen less commonly, sort of local slang:
2. Adj/Adv. Something which produces pleasantly confusing and/or unpleasantly disorienting effects akin to those commonly resulting from listening to glitch music.
3. Verb. Doing something to someone which produces such effects.
2. "The entire game consists of rolling up random 3D objects into a big wad and then throwing them into the sky. It's pretty glitch."
3. "'I saw Being John Malkovich this weekend, it totally glitched me."
A very useful thinking word when you cannot remember its name ... a what-cha-ma-call-it ... a thing-a-ma-bob.
Can you please pass me a glitch?
You dropped a glitch on the floor!
Would you like some glitches while we're watching TV? Note how descriptive this is of chips or nachos. With nachos you remove a chip (glitch) one glitch at a time. Even the cheese on nachos can be refered to as glitch ... Would you like some extra glitch on your glitches?
Shall we go to Red Robin for glitches? going for appetisers
Fluffy left a glitch for you on the floor. referring to a piece of dry catfood brought as a gift or perhaps a piece of dried poo or hairball found about the place.
I'm glitched-out meaning I've eaten too many/much ... i.e. chips
A glitch for you, a glitch for me referring to sharing and distributing Raisinets or other small candy at a movie theatre. Popcorn is never properly referred to as glitches, perhaps because of its oily nature.