Maybe - I have no idea; I've never met or known the guy, but probably George Bush isn't a horrible human being, even though he carried out some of the most executions of capital punishment in Texan history as governor. Maybe not even a completely illiterate one. He's just far too incompetent to run a nation.
The reason it's screwed America over so badly is because the corrupt people within the Clinton administration had limited power, due to Clinton's limitation of executive powers (Just for anyone new here: these are the ideas of Baron de Montesquieu with separation of powers. Our government has three equal powers: legislative (makes the laws), executive (carries out the laws; this includes our President, his administrations, and all programs like the FBI and NSA), and judicial (interprets the laws).
Well, due to President Bush's incompetence, these corrupted people have been able to exert powers and expand the executive branch to sizes not seen since the Nixon Administration (and we all know what happened to Nixon). One of these main corrupt people is Dick Cheney, who I believe everyone should really be afraid of. The man is little short of evil, and so are his little buddies (cough, Donald Rumsfeld, *COUGH*), and with Bush as their puppet, we've suffered 9/11, invaded Iraq, lost lives in Hurricane Katrina, held back from acknowledging global warming until this year (WTF?), not ratified Kyoto Protocol, created tax cuts that benefit the rich over the poor, and essentially raped the Fourth Amendment. The first, ninth, and tenth, suffered some harassment, too.
Well. The overall point of this definition is not to single George Bush out as a disgrace to humankind, because maybe he's not worse than the majority of human beings (key word: maybe; I don't know this for sure). Nonetheless, whether's he's a bad person or simply a little stupid, he's not good enough for public office and our nation is sinking with his smiling face on the sail and the Administration at the helm.
Oh well. At least since people are fed up with Republican hypocrisy from his tenure as President, Democratic ideals will flood America and from there, split again into the factions of the conservatives and the liberals. At least that way, we will make progress for more than just the corporations and less progress for corrupt activity, yet still keep some conservativie values.
Just please. Anything but this man and his administration...
What more can I say? George Bush is probably the worst president we've had since Richard Nixon, just seems like this one's missing a step upstairs. Once he's out of office, maybe people won't hate him so much and he can prove to be a decent human being.
The president who staged the first preemptive strike in the history of the United States of America using the sole justification that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.
Later, when no wmd
s were found, he fiddled with terror alerts, implied connections between Iraq and 9/11, changed the definition of the word "liberation" to "invasion", and generally deceived the American people.
George Bush constantly encourages misconceptions about the war on Iraq and John Kerry, possibly because he does not understand these things himself.
If you disagree, tell me, why DID we go to war with Iraq? Don't just say why we should have gone, or what makes sense to you (i.e. Saddam Houssein was a dictator, find out exactly what George Bush told us.
George Bush is either incredibly dumb or... no, he's just incredibly dumb.
My motivation to continue further education of the English language so I won't ever have to suffer the embarassment of repeating any of his grammatical errors.
"The only reason I pay attention in my english class is so I don't end up pulling a George Bush on anyone."
1. Turned the largest US surplus into the largest deficit in American history, then gives tax cuts when he should be raising taxes to get more money for the country. (And of course, he only gives tax cuts to all of his rich buddies.)
2. Blamed bin Laden for 9/11 (which is okay), but when he couldn't find him, made Americans forget about him by diverting their attention to Saddam Hussein, who had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11. Has he found bin Laden? Has he found any WMDs? Didn't think so.
3. Feels the need to stick his nose in Iraq's business and "improve" their government while bombing and completely destroying Iraq-it's obvious it's just an excuse to go to war.
4. Lies about there being NO terrorist attacks since 9/11, when there have been quite a few that he covers up or makes America forget about. (Like that anthrax threat a few years ago for example.)
5. Passes the Patriot Act to keep America safe from terrorists while arresting people who aren't terrorists, never catching the people who are, and violating SIX AMENDMENTS of the Constitution.
6. Passes "Clean Air Act" which actually makes the air dirtier.
7. Makes every country in the world besides Britain and Poland hate us.
8. Quits the Kyoto Protocol because it would make his rich buddies actually spend some money to reduce global warming, and God forbid anyone has to spend money.
9. Throws ultimatums at the American people that only a complete idiot could fall for (and ...
"...and so he led the country to fascism. A fascist country is one that runs mostly using military power, with a strong sense of nationalism...much like a dictatorship...he used propaganda to discriminate against a certain scapegoat - usually a country or religious group."
"The Rise of Hitler"
Canada still has room for 49% of the American population.
a dumbass. a dumbass who got elected by well, dumbasses. he is the reason why we lost our allies. he is the reason why so many innocent people in iraq are losing their lives. the only smart thing he will ever do is die. (:
"Hi i'm george bush and i have come to make your nation go down the drain."
Proof that Darwin's theory of evolution can also go backwards.
"It's important for people to know that I'm the president of everybody."
"If you see a train wreck coming, you ought to be saying, what are you going to do about it, Mr. Congressman, or Madam Congressman?"
"We want results in every single classroom so that one single child is left behind."
"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"
A man who has had everything in life handed to him on a silver platter by his father, including a spot in the national gaurd instead of vietnam, permission to go AWOL from that spot in the national gaurd, numerous failed businesses, the governership of Texas, and (through his father's friends and supreme-court appointees) the presidency. A man with a curious penchant for saying one thing and doing another (hydrogen powered cars, "no child left behind" that left a whole shitload of kids behind, "clean air act" which made the air dirtier, claimed his tax cuts did not unfairly benefit the rich, claimed he would "raise the tone" in DC, WMD's, etc). Is able to get away with his lies due to a complacent, corporate media that is nothing more than the attack dogs of the Republican Party.
George Bush is the worst president at least since Nixon.