The Average Geordie-
1. Starts drinking at eleven. (the age, not the time)
2. Is friendly towards people of a different hometown.
3. Is part-scottish or at least knows someone who is.
4. Male geordies tend to watch, attend or listen to the match. The females will also watch, attend or listen to the match, but prefer to go shopping in town where if you listen , you can hear the crowds reactions. Others are forced into watching the match on tv.
5. Geordies use and love 'the metty' (metro) Younger geordies go on metty mish's. No respectable Geordie pays to use the Metro.
6. Know's how to speak Geordie, even if they don't speak it normally.
7. Geordies greet each other with the term 'Alreeeet'
Geordie One: Alreet?
Geordie Two: Aye, hows yoursel' ?
Geordie One: Am mint, man. Areya gan doon toon t' watch the toon ?
Geordie Two: Naa, am gan oot ona Metty Mish wi' me mates
Geordie One: Shame that, like. S'ment t'be wicked ya narr
*breif football banter*
Geordie Two: Reet am off.
Geordie One: Ta'ra mate.
Geordie:Ya Fuckin cockney bastard, am gonna fuckin knack ye (proceeds to force pint pot into mans mouth"
Geordies Girlfriend: Gan on kidda, knack the cunt!"
1. A native of Tyneside
2. A supporter of Newcastle United (the noted pigeon crap of the North East).
The latter of these two has created a change to the traditional Geordie song, Blaydon Races. The new version is as follows:
Oh, me lads! You shoulda seem 'em gannin,
Dyre and co., havin a god - all the toon git bangin,
Thor was lots o' lads 'n' lasses there,
Fanies was git aching!
We divvn't need the Champion's - we'd rather gan out rapin!
The mackems beat the Geordies.
Typical Geordie 2: Aye.
Their native habitat being run down estates, or preferably, other peoples houses (if the window is open).