An inquisitive individual that handles information about a certain topic whether it is for recreational purposes, a promising career, or both.
A geek typically is intelligent in some manner; and is always interested in a particular topic. Geeks have social skills unlike a nerd
, which is similar intellectually, yet is a socially awkward individual. Geeks also tend to be, but are not limited to, nonathletic.
1. Adam is a computer geek. He'll be your boss some day.
2. Ricky is a film geek. He organizes all his movies alphabetically.
3. David is a guitar geek. He'll be keeping his neighbors up at night while he rocks out.
4. Kevin is a anime geek. He wants to move to Japan.
5. Gina is a book geek. She can't get her head out of those pages!
6. Stacie is a drama geek. She loves the stage.
7. Spencer is a comic book geek. He will debate who will win what fight.
8. Ian is a mathematics geek. He can school you!
9. Jennie is a photography geek. The wedding photos will come out professionally.
1. Either a nerd that is socially active or a jock with a recordable IQ and some technical knowledge
2. Someone that likes to have fun and knows how to have it in every way possible due to a strong sense of curiosity and/or high intelligence
3. A person that enjoys science fiction
4. A person that enjoys fantasy
5. A video game fanatic
6. A person that enjoys being slightly abnormal
7. Anyone that wishes to be referred to as a geek
8. A computer expert
9. A person that is picked on in high school and later becomes the boss of his former tormentors
10. Anyone that obsesses about subjects of his/her own personal interest and becomes an expert on the subject due to the obsession
11. An expert in any given field
12. An general insult used by those of low intelligence to refer to the intellectual elite. This common error is made through failure to recognize the difference between geeks, nerds, and dorks
13. One who knows the difference between a nerd and a geek
That geek has more friends than the nerd, but is smarter than the jocks and normies.
A person involved in methods of escapism involving in general computers, sci-fi, anime etc. More often intelligent but not a pre-requsite to been a geek. Often disparaged or shuned by other groups of society when with others of their own kind entirely comfortable and isolate themselves from others, inclined to not be outgoing. Has the same chance as everbody else in future life, often believe that due to Bill Gates and society's reliance on computers that they themselves will be successful, but need character in order to do so. Could be head of multi-million worth firm, could also be stuck in a dead end job in the same rut they were at at school
Bill Gates was most likely a geek at school, but worked in a shed creating microsoft and had the drive and character to drive it through into the corporate giant it is today. Similarly today a person can remain a geek all their life going no where, working in a dead end job with little or moderate pay with no relationship.
A geek is any person who is specially intelligent or talented in any specific area of expertise. Geeks are not to be confused with nerds who are simply dorky, uncoordinated and usually lack social skills.
Geeks often have some sort of social skills yet are dorky (though there are many geeks who are not also dorks).
Kathleen is the biggest choir geek in school.
Bob knows all about computer programming
he's the company computer geek.
A geek is a nerd
with a social life/skills. They usually have an odd personality.
Everyone knows that geek.
An individual who obsesses over tech, video games, and RPGs. Often mistaken for a nerd which obsesses over knowledge.
"Woah! That kid has all of the dungeons and dragons handbooks in his backpack, he's a bigger geek than I am!"
A person who is considered strange weird or is passionate about one thing or another. Not to be mixed with Nerd
. Although they are normally smart they are not freaky smart and look like normal people. It is even possible to be a "Geek" without even knowing it.
Being able to name programs by their actual name is considered "geeky". Liking Anime
is considered "geeky"
Geeks are cool though they have a life and often people don't realize that they are in fact talking to a geek. Liking anything to do with outer space tends to let one fall into this category such as Red Dwarf, Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy,Star Trek is the biggest one that "geeks" are linked with.
Even reading a large amount of books makes you a geek.
Geeks also tend to be good looking and the one who everyone wants as their friend as they quite often know the answer to a problem (even if it's just basic) or they know how to find it. "Geek" girls are normally seen in a better light than male "geek" are though there is no real reason for this.
I am a Geek because I know the Red Dwarf episodes by their actual name and I am "weird".