Note that the first definition of this word, is pretty much extinct.
1. To be jolly, happy, spirited, good-hearted.
2. Homosexual (but more so in the male sense), as in being sexually attracted to someone of the same sex.
3. An adjective (increasing in use) to negatively describe something as crappy, disappointing, unfavorable, or undesireable.
Many gays (2nd definition) are struggling to earn full rights to this word, and don't take kindly to people using it in the way described by this definition. However, they have to get over it. It is not everyone's intention to use this word to negatively describe something, because they feel homosexuality is wrong. It's just becoming another definition of its own, and gays will just have to deal with that.
But to avoid this kind of conflict, it is recommended to spell it as ghey
, a spelling of "gay" made up just for this sort of use of the word "gay".
1. "Don we now our gay apparel." lyrics from the Xmas song, "Jingle Bells"
2. Ellen DeGeneres is attracted to women exclusively, making her gay.
3-A. Gas just went up fifty cents a gallon over the weekend, that's so gay. (WRONG)
3-B: (same as above)...that's so ghey. (CORRECT)
(PS) Watch "that's so gay" by Chris Crocker on YouTube, and hear him bitch about it.
1. jovial or happy, good-spirited
2. a homosexual male or female
3. often used to describe something stupid or unfortunate. originating from homophobia. quite preferable among many teenage males in order to buff up their "masculinity"
1. "We'll have a gay old time."
2. "You DO know he's gay. Notice his homoerotic pornography collection."
3. "Man, these seats are gay. I can't even see what's going on!"
3. A generic insult.
1. You are gay.
2. You are gay.
3. You are gay.
Hee hee hee ^.^
happy. joyful. gleeful.
'we'll have a gay old time'.
-The Flinstone's theme song
A type of squirrel that lives in Latin America.
"Look at that gay scampering across the way!"
Not a Homosexual
or somehing that you find stupid, dumb, idiotic, pointless, and or annoying.
It is simply a term to describe a happy mood or expression.
I hope you have a gay ol' time tonight at the party.
1.The dictionary definition is happy. However, this is archaic and few people use it any more except in the phrase gay old time
, especially homosexual males but can be used for lesbians
3.A generic insult. It can mean bad, stupid, whatever you want it to mean.
Don't say that something is gay as an insult. I find this highly immature, mostly because it is often used when people can't think of a proper insult even when there is nothing homosexual about whatever they're insulting.
1.Jeremy was in a gay mood after getting an A on his test.
2.The people in The Village People are gay.
3."That is such a gay shirt,"remarked Robby.
Got Aids Yet?
Look at that gay guy, does he Got Aids Yet?