spelling of the word "God" meant to denote the Judeo-Christian divinity and to suggest a New York, Jewish accent, probably a strong one of yesteryear and from some outer borough--say Brooklyn, circa 1953.
variant: for emphasis, extra w's may be added, as in "gawwwd' or 'gawwwwwd".
"ohh my gawd! i just saw barry manilow on tv!!"
A way of writing "Oh my God." while denoting that you're rolling your eyes at the same time.
Boy: "Hi, I'm a boy making some lame comment to you!"
Girl: "Oh my gawd, what a nerd."
The noise evangelical rednecks make when they are trying to say "God."
You kiyds git outta thar or Gawd is gunna send ya'll to heyall.
1) slang term for "God" or "god" 2) Also used to avoid using the lords name in vain (ex "oh my gawd") 3) Used by non-secular people to attain the meaning of the words "God", "god", or any form of it.
"oh my gawd"
"gawd, don't make me come over there!"
"Gawd damn it!"
Another word for God.
Oh my Gawd, did you just see that?
A secularized version of the term "God". Sometimes used by secular people who still wish to use a phrase such as "Oh my God!" but don't actually want to acknowledge a deity since that would be hypocritical.
Oh my Gawd are you hurt!?
Gawddamnit, that was my last doughnut!
1. Another word for god, Used in place of god for two reasons
1. Censors prevent user from typing god, so instead of "Oh my god" the user would type "Oh my Gawd"
1. Messing around and just typing it to be funny
2. A really 1337 player in the FTP FPS "AVA"
"Oh my gawd, That guys hacking!"
"I was playing some AVA yesterday and Gawd from that Dog Soldiers clan friggin owned me!"
Acronym: Great Ancestors Warrior Descendents
Like in a greeting "Yo G.A.W.D." "How you doing G.A.W.D." as you will hear Jamaicans and Black North Americans respectfully call each other replacing the dreaded self used N word.