A small town in Bergen County, New Jersey where nothing exciting happens. It has a school that goes from Pre-K to 8th Grade called Midland School, which pretty much sucks now since it has gone through so many changes in the past few years. Across the street from the school is a church with a big statue of Jesus stuck in a glass elevator. Also there is Carlock Field which used to be cool before they fenced it up and a put a curfue on it. The cops in town have no lives and pull you over at night for no reason just to fill in there quota. About 5-10 minutes you could walk to the Garden State Plaza, which is in Paramus, where kids, parents, sluts, scumbags, lowlives, and retards from Rochelle Park go to congregate because they have nothing to do with there sad sorry pathetic lives. Nobody ever knows where the fuck they are walking when they are in the Maze. The Shop-Rite in Rochelle Park is the most depressing place on earth. There's a 7-11, a crappy ice-cream place, Linwood Pizza, a Chinese Place, a Dunkin' Donuts which closes at 10:30, Teds Deli, and a sushi place that nobody ever goes to. There is now a CVS in Rochelle Park which is totally random. Gallos Pharmacy and Covience store is right down the street. Across the street are condos that were just built recently. A diner which closes at like 11. Yeah that's pretty much it. The town sucks, but its better then Maywood. Fuck Maywood.more...
1. Large co-educational Catholic high school in where else but Paramus. Not exactly the premier Catholic high school in Bergen County, but it does have the bubble out back now. It's kind of overcrowded and is often criticized for that, as well as the astounding number of potheads the school matriculates every year. Mr. Agostino keeps it real though, and if you're really a troublemaker you usually get black-bagged. There's good things about the school like the bus that goes straight into the city (163), and the other bus that drops you off at the Garden State Plaza (756). In literature the school often touts its diversity, and in all honesty they're not lying.
2. Where me and a lot of other people in my town went to high school because the 163 happens to run through my town.
3. Where a lot of Bergen and Passaic County kids go to school either because they prefer the appearance of the PC uniform over the uniform of another school or because they have moderately rich parents and their friends from the next town over are going too.
1. Paramus Catholic is the largest private school in New Jersey and they have "rigorous" admission standards.
2. Yep, it's 7:15 in the morning and a bunch of kids in khaki pants and plaid skirts are standing on a corner. Must be PC kids.
3. Omg i was gonna go to IHA, but thn lyk I relaized PC has a cuter uniform nd lyk my friend Kaylee from Maywood is going thur to soo I told my mom if she made me go to IHA I wuz gonna go psyco nd she wuz lyk ok.
|17.||Going to Paramus|
Shamelessly seeking validation/adoration from anyone who will give it to you.
From the movie, "Soap Dish" in which Sally Field's character is feeling bad about herself, so she goes to the Garden State Plaza (a.k.a. Paramus Mall) to get recognized and adored by her fans.
Rose: "Give them my best in Paramus!"
"Did you see Madonna is doing a show in the Village?"
"Uh, oh, someone's going to Paramus..."
Town in northern New Jersey, neighboring Newark, bisected by the Garden State Parkway, containing Exits 148, 149, 150 and 151.more...
Has all the benefits of a small town and all the benefits of a city, and few of the drawbacks of either. Feels like about four small towns strung together, which would be the neighborhoods of Brookdale, North Broad, Downtown and Watsessing. Notable for large Irish and Italian communities, and for stores and restaurants that have been run by individual families for generations. Citizens have the legal right to punch you in the nose if you call their town a "suburb." (Not really, but they should!) In this town, they don't have pasta salad and therapists, they have pasta and bartenders. Municipal Building known for magnificent Christmas lights display.
Grove Street is the "other end" of the Newark City Subway system. Bus and train lines make it a convenient bedroom community for commuters to New York City. Bus lines also provide easy access to Newark, and the Wil...
"Mall capital of the world." One of the richest towns in New Jersey. Home of the strictest Blue law ever. You can't buy anything besides clothes and food on Sundays. 3 Malls in Paramus: Paramus Park, Garden State Plaza, & the Bergen Mall. Paramus sucks ass because we're broke. All of the teachers blew their money on SmartBoards and new computers, and the mayor does basically nothing. Paramus is home to the Spartans. They're actually a pretty good team. High Schoolers are slightly insane. The schools are all graphitti'd and pretty sucky. Both middle schools are crap. The kids in Paramus aren't too bad. Too much drama. It's really annoying. Fist fights and middle school sluts. Not much drug use. Cocaine incidents are so rare they make the news. And the main drug is smoking. Teens all have sex casually. Paramus kids overuse Facebook, are perverted, and are mainly white. There are tons of Asian kids, however they're never involved in any drama because they're studying. The main population is Catholic, but the number of Jews isn't low. Lots of Indians too. Barely any black kids or Spanish kids. Tons of chain stores. Panera, Hollister, Abercrombie, PetCo, McDonalds, Payless, Wendy's, etc. Usually doubles up on stores--if there is a McDonalds, there's another on the other side of town.Paramus isn't all it's hyped up to be. It's pretty nice if you aren't an annoying crackhead middle school whore. Also nice if you aren't looking for weed. Cause there are basically NO drugs in Paramus.more...
Werribee is a great town between Melbourne and Geelong. People (particularly those from the east) like to bag Werribee and call it 'scum' and 'feral' believing that their own town is so perfect and "bogan-free", but the vast majority of residents in Werribee are just as normal, hard working, and friendly as anywhere else. Sure, there are some ferals around like any other place, that can bring Werribee down, but that doesn't mean each of the 40+ thousand residents are all that bad.
It's ignorant to be prejudiced towards a group of people or a town if you have never been there before to experience it first hand, or have met any people from that place.
Just because it's in the western suburbs, that doesn't mean it' scum or shit.
Contrary to popular belief, Werribee does NOT smell. Yes, there is the sewage farm, but seriously, you can not smell it at all.
It's a popular tourist town with the Open Range Zoo, Werribee Park and Mansion, and State Rose Garden. The Werribee Plaza is great for shopping, Werribee South beach for boating, fishing and jetskiing, and the Werribee River for canoeing.
A City/Country/Coast town.
Person 1: "Where are you from?"
Person 2: "I am from Werribee"
Person 1: "Oh cool, it's so green there. I love the people and the town. Beautiful terrain and wildlife"
Person 2: "Yes, it's great living in Werribee, unlike many pretentious eastern suburbs"