|1.||First Person Shooter|
1) The most OVERRATED AND OVERUSED playstyle / genre of video games that are made. Few of them have any originality. Most of them are used for boring repetitive and often broken war games. Others consist of zombie / horror / or secret agent themes. Though some FPS games are actually good, people tend to eat up the shit-hole fps games.
2) What lazy game developers use to lure in Graphic Nazi gamers to buy the exact same game over and over again in a nicer package.
Also known as FPS.
PC user: I need to go play some Call of Duty.
Nintendo person: Man up and stop playing your shit-hole first person shooters. N64 is where it's at.
Xbox: I love Halo. Good series, and great FPS.
Gamecube: Screw that. All of them are pretty much the exact same. My Metroid Prime Series is completely different between all three.
Somebody who enjoys regularly playing video games.
Any other stereotypical definition is useless: I play online games a lot. I am over 40, have a girlfriend, am in good physical shape and I hold down a fairly high-pressure job. I am college educated.
Some of the younger gamers that I meet online fit the nerdy stereotype but no more than the average cross-section of high-school students. There is a higher than average number of creative professionals in the game servers I go to (probably because I go to the Mac servers).
I also have LAN parties at my house - my friends come round, we drink a few beers, get a take-away, link our computers together and fight to the death. The other three are married and two have kids. Three of us have college degrees and we are all fairly high earners.
Your stereotype is way off.
My friends and I are serious gamers: we often meet to play Ghost Recon.
A True Gamer is one who consistently spends time playing PC and/or console games, at least three to four times per week. Hours spent playing can vary from only an hour per session to multiple hours per session. This consistent behavior must be present for a long period of time (i.e. more than 4 –6 months).more...
A True Gamer plays to have fun with the game and to have fun with friends. He/she enjoys winning, yet mostly is concerned with the pleasure of the entertainment.
A True Gamer also usually makes time to “fit in” a little time to play, no matter how busy he/she is. Playing games is fun and relaxing for the True Gamer.
A True Gamer enjoys playing a game AFTER finishing it; maybe not spend the same number of hours as before beating it, but will not sell the game after completing the main objectives.
A True Gamer DOES NOT buy a game, play and beat it in a span of one month, then never plays is again, then continues on with his/her life (this person could be considered a “regular gamer” or a “recreational gamer”).
More details regarding the “gamer” genre:
- A Gamer is one who plays PC and/or console games; one that may only play a game “once in a while.”
- A Recreational Gamer is one who plays only a select few types of games (e.g. sports, RPGs, or first-person shooter) and will only play the games when it is convenient to him/her (a.k.a Casual Gamer)
- A Hardcore Gamer is one who dedicates all free time to PC and/or console games. This person DOES NOT h...
a undependable network that only cares about money and yet says "games first" for there slogan. Supports a games named Knight online that is addicting yet fun untill noobs from turkey started playing.
k2 network "gamers first" after money
The acronym for a popular gaming IRC network called Global Gamers Center.
<me> It's time to go pwn some noobs on GGC.
<bc> oh noes
<me> yeah, and you're first! >:)
Designed for and inspired by the video game community, G8 Brand is an innovative, first-of-its-kind line of apparel and accessories. With a broad array of styles in the collection, ranging from nostalgic, classic video game imagery to designs created by some of the world’s most notable video game concept artists, G8 Brand is poised to be the leader in video gamer lifestyle apparel. After all, gamers need clothes, too.
G8 Brand IS clothing for gamers. Gamers love G8 Brand.
The name of a multi-title, multi-platform gaming clan most often associated with adults who play video games relating to the first person shooter genre.
"Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Parent and Hard Working Adult Gamers."