italian wise guy slang for.... a fake, a phony
Donnie Brasco says to lefty:
"That jewellery..its fugazi
"That's a fugazi" (About a jewel, from "Donnie Brasco")
1. Military slang meaning 'Fucked up situation'. Made famous by Vietnam war stories.
2. A fiercely (and famously) independent punk band consisting of: Joe Lally, Brendan Canty, Guy Piciotto and Ian Mackaye (Whose also famous for fronting Minor Threat and running Dischord Records with Jeff Nelson).
$5 Shows, $10 CDs, relentless ethics and pretty good music to boot. Now there is a band to respect.
Vietnam War slang for a messed up situation. Fucked Up, Got Ambushed, Zipped In.
Fugazi is also a band.
1. Artificial, fake. Something that has no substance.
2. A really bad knockoff, a copy.
3. Someone that copies or fronts. A hipster. Someone that bites. Someone that claims to be original when you know their whole style is a reenactment. Superficial.
" That kid ain't true, he spins that fugazi jungle."
"Nicole is so clueless, she has no idea her Gucci glasses are fugazi"
A word that means 'fake' in Italian slang and has been mistaken for the military acronym 'fubar' (fucked up beyond all recognition) by kids who like a punk band.
person A: I like punk and gave a fugazi definition for fugazi.
person B: Fubar.
the best band in the fucking world ever ever ever.
"yo dude, are you into fugazi?"
"nope, i like disturbed"
"what?? you fuckin' stupid twat!"