1. a good friend that's also your secret crush
2. that person you asked out that "just wanted to be friends", but you still have a crush on
3. a friend that kinda likes you and you kinda like him/her back
4. a stage where you kinda want to be friends, but at the same time, you want to be a couple
1. oh gawd i really like ethan... but he's been my friend since third grade!! ahh, a new friend-crush!
2. i wish lisa wouldn't have rejected me. she's my friend-crush.
3. those two always smile and giggle with each other. they're both such friend-crushes.
4. ugh, i think i want to be friends with kendra. but i don't know, i kind of want to be more than friends! MYEHH FRIEND-CRUSH STAGE
Experiencing a strong desire to become friends
with a person you don't know very well. Often times, people experiencing friend crushes will exhibit nervousness, giddiness
, admiration, and clumsiness similiar to those emotions experienced when being around a regular crush
Wow, that girl is so cool! Who is she?! I totally have a friend crush on her.
When you see someone you don't really know and want to become friends with him or her.
A nonsexual crush
A wanting to be friends with someone.
I saw John today. I kind of have a friend crush on him...not gonna lie.
-Wanting to be somebody's friend that you don't know that well.
-Wanting to be a strangers friend.
I wish I knew who that random person in our class was. They seem so awesome and funny.
- I know I have a friend crush on her.
The phenomenon of becoming fascinated with a casual acquaintance or friend of a mutual friend to the point where your perception of their awesomeness inexplicably inspires you to initiate a new friendship. Upon meeting said new-person the afflicted are riddled with feelings similar to those of a real crush; such as wanting to spend time with them, laughing at their jokes more than others, admiration, girly giddiness, etc., Friend crushes are notorious for striking quickly and inciting gossip. Friend Crushes are more commonly observed in females but are also rampant in the male world, albeit manifesting themselves in slightly different ways, see male specific definition under Man Crush
Lu: "Holy Crap Karamy is awesome, I think I have a total friend-crush on her!?"
When a person shows a few traits of having a enormous crush on someone, and yet doesn't actually have 'more than friends' feelings for them.
1: Joe has been hanging out with Sarah alot lately.
2: He couldn't possibly have a crush though, he has a girlfriend!
1: No, but he might have a friend crush!
A person who you want to be friends with, but aren't yet. Not romantic.
Anne: "I want to be friends with Dan so badly!"
May: "Ooooo! Do you have a crush on him?!"
Anne: "I don't like him like that. I just want to be friends."
May: "Oh. So he's your friendcrush."