1. An economic system where in theory goods and services are determined by supply and demand.
2. A common term for the items outside of charity bins.
3. A store where you can take items free of charge (they usually ask that you leave something you no longer need behind.)
1. Socialists tend to laude free market economies.
2. I found this awesome chair at the free market by Salvation Army.
3. I dropped some old pots and pans off at the free market.
An economic system in which prices are determined by unrestricted competition between privately owned businesses.
Man: I am glad I live in a free market society. If one place costs to much then I can go to another.
Obama: But wouldn't it be better if all prices charged the same?
Man: No, because whoever controls that price can change it to whatever the hell they want.
A fictional place people refer to when they obtain something for free. It could mean shop lifting, receiving a gift, getting a day off from work, etc. It can also mean hooking up with someone.
1.Dan: Nice sweatshirt, were'd you get it?
Chris: I went to the free market
2. Billys been talking to that girl all night, and now it looks like there going to the bedroom. He's going to the free market