An economic system in which prices are determined by unrestricted competition between privately owned businesses.
Man: I am glad I live in a free market society. If one place costs to much then I can go to another.
Obama: But wouldn't it be better if all prices charged the same?
Man: No, because whoever controls that price can change it to whatever the hell they want.
1. An economic system where in theory goods and services are determined by supply and demand.
2. A common term for the items outside of charity bins.
3. A store where you can take items free of charge (they usually ask that you leave something you no longer need behind.)
1. Socialists tend to laude free market economies.
2. I found this awesome chair at the free market by Salvation Army.
3. I dropped some old pots and pans off at the free market.
A fictional place people refer to when they obtain something for free. It could mean shop lifting, receiving a gift, getting a day off from work, etc. It can also mean hooking up with someone.
1.Dan: Nice sweatshirt, were'd you get it?
Chris: I went to the free market
2. Billys been talking to that girl all night, and now it looks like there going to the bedroom. He's going to the free market