|995.||The Hacker Ethic|
Hacker code of morality that was originally formed by the MIT hackers in the late 1950s to the late 1960s and articulated by Steven Levy in his book HACKERS: HEROES OF THE COMPUTER REVOLUTION. The creed is as follows:
1)Always yield the Hands-On Imperative! Access to computers-- and andything else which might teach you about the way the world works-- should be unlimited and total.
2) All information should be free.
3) Mistrust Authority-- Promote Decentralization.
4) Hackers should be judged by their hacking, not bogus criteria such as degrees, age, race, or position.
5) You can create art and beauty on a computer.
6) Computers can change your life for the better.
While many of the 1960s hackers claim that modern hackers have rejected this code, it has actually strongly influenced all hackers for the last thirty years.
|996.||Operation Iraqi Freedom|
All: This comes from retired Admiral Martin Carmody and has some bona fides associated with it as he still is "connected" in Washington circles. Take it for what it is worth to your particular point of view.more...
SINCE MAY 1, 2003 Interesting points to remember when we read all the negatives that are printed daily. Since President Bush declared an end to major combat on May 1...
· The first battalion of the new Iraqi Army has graduated and is on active duty.
· Over 60,000 Iraqis now provide security to their fellow citizens.
· Nearly all of Iraq's 400 courts are functioning.
· The Iraqi judiciary is fully independent.
· On Monday, October 6 power generation hit 4,518 megawatts -exceeding the prewar average.
· All 22 universities and 43 technical institutes and colleges are open, as are nearly all primary and secondary schools.
· By October 1, Coalition forces had rehabbed over 1,500 schools - 500 more than scheduled.
· Teachers earn from 12 to 25 times their former salaries.
· All 240 hospitals and more than 1200 clinics are open.
· Doctors’ salaries are at least eight times what they were under Saddam.
· Pharmaceutical distribution has gone from essentially nothing to 700 tons in May to a current total of 12,000 tons.
· The Coalition has helped administer over 22 million vaccination doses to Iraq's children.
· A Coalition program has cleared over 14,000 kilometers of Iraq's 27,000 kilometers of weed-choked canals, which now irrigate tens of thousand...
A notorious criminal mastermind known to be plotting world domination via the mass baking of muffins. Experts hypothesise that he may be planning to force the muffins to fight for him. Although it was originally suggested that his lair was located on Drury Lane, searches produced no substantial results. Little more is known about him, other than that he may well be in league with a person by the name of M. Perryman. If you have any information on the whereabouts of the muffin man, do not hesitate to contact your government.
Do you know the muffin man?
A cougar cannot be defined in a simple definition. One cannot consciously seek out a cougar. One can only prepare himself/herself for confirming the positive identity of a cougar by familiarizing himself/herself with the common signs/traits of the cougar. Once one instinctively feels the potential presence of a cougar on the prowl, he/she can fall back on what he/she knows about cougars in general to positively confirm and report a cougar sighting.more...
Here are the most common signs/traits that your instincts may have accurately identified a cougar nearby:
1. A single woman over 30 appears to be at least 51 months older than she is biologically.
2. A single woman over 30 is talking to your 25 year-old ass about tunes on "Pyromania" and you're able to keep the conversation rolling with your knowledge of "The Vault" and interest in her white high-tops.
3. A single woman over 30 is overheard talking to a group of college men about how she used to date a college guy when she was in 7th grade because the color of his Camaro was the same as her back pocket comb.
So, how does one warn/notify a buddy that he may be talking with a cougar? Whisper into his ear, "Easy cougar, you're doin' fine." (See Top Gun)
58 Reasons not to install Internet Explorer:
1. It is EVIL!!!!!!!!more...
2: It wastes over 100 megs of hard drive space
3: Despite what Bill claims, it's not really free. Each installed copy of IE costs exactly one soul.
4: IE has more bugs than a bait store!
5: Installing it automatically signs you up for the security hole of the week club.
6: It can send your personal information to Microsoft.
7: It's been known to bite people's heads off.
8: Its installation process overwrites system DLLs with newer version that are not always 100% compatible.
9: The majority of people still use Netscape.
10: Microsoft wrote it. Do you really need another reason?
11: It scares young children.
12: Borg implants tend to itch like crazy.
13: It's proprietary; they don't want you to know what's in it.Mozilla's source code can be downloaded for free.
14: IE is "integrated" in to Windows. Netscape is a well behaved application. When IE crashes it can hose the system. Netscape won't do that.
15: The DOJ isn't after Netscape.
16: ActiveX allows hackers to do ANYTHING with your system. That's not true with Java.
17: Microsoft's Java is not compatible with standard Java and vice versa.
18: Netscape Navigator is available for more platforms that Internet Explorer. Heck, IE 6 dosn't even run on Windows 95!
19: If the install fails it can leave your system unusable.
20: Internet Explorer is evil.
21: If the install succeeds your system will be unusable.
22: Who in their right mind would want to view their ha...
made by computer nerds who weren't satisfied with the standard aim profile limit. users of this usually view their own profiles to get "views" or to give a fake sense of their "popularity". some users get so desperate that they make up a screen name and view it themselves to pretend to be popular, and some even sign their own guestbooks. usually includes "i'm bored so i made this", lyrics to shitty songs, or "hey %n, welcome to my profile. it is currently %t and today is %d"
okay, damn it, the limit is 1024 characters, which is way more than enough to give a shoutout to your one friend from school. and it's fucking called a profile. a profile was originally intended to give away personal information, not type random shit for no reason to yourself for no reason.
SubProfile: Click to Continue.
please view my subprofile and sign the guestbook!!