that which indicates a clumsy manner or dishevelled appearance/presentation
he emerged feebly from the justy in a felt hat and overcoat, lending a rather foppish impression to passersby
"Foppish" might mean "fruity" (or, better, "characteristic of a formal, effeminate man") but it speaks only to the outward behavior of someone, not to their orientation. David Hyde Pierce in most of his roles (incl. Frasier's brother in Frasier) is foppish, but he's not a homosexual (and neither is Frasier's brother).
1. A person looking or acting feminine, womanly, or otherwise girly in some way shape or form. The term is often associated with homosexuals, but it can also be used to describe metrosexuals
, straight guys, or even females.
2. An object of some sort which could be described as feminine for any reason.
3. Any form of entertainment (movie, television show, video game, etc.) which holds a large number of feminine attributes.
1. Daniel: "Do these pants make me look fat?"
David: "Dude...that has to be the most foppish thing I've ever heard you say. Now I have to kill you."
2. "Daniel's rainbow unicorn muscle shirt is a bit too foppish for my taste."
3. "No Daniel, I do not want to watch 'The Notebook' with you! I can't think of a more foppish movie!"
An effeminate man with overtones of homosexuality.
An example of foppish would be Val Kilmer in Top Gun. Or Tombstone. Hell, Val Kilmer in almost every movie he ever made.