Perhaps the most mentally and physically demanding game out there. Tons of Strategy, Strength and Speed all in one game. Not to be confused with Soccer (Where Upper Body Strength is not required) or Rugby (In which any dumbass can be succesfull)
Players in football are required to memorize 100s of different plays, formations, and rules. Players have been known to lift 400-600 pounds (Incase you don't know that is A LOT) and have been known to run a 4.13 in the 40 (Which is EXTREMELY Fast) with a vertical jump of "43 (Which is AMAZINGLY impressive)
A Day in the Life of a Football Player:
"You're an offensive lineman and it's late in the game.
You're mentally tired. Sweat, snot and spit drips off your face as you look down to see your hand still shaking from when you crushed it in the first quarter. There is probably some nerve damage. Your knees ache, your back hurts so bad it's hard to stand up straight. You wince and feel a burning sensation. Your vision is blurred due to a cut on your forehead from your last collision with some alcoholic 6'5" 320lb War-Daddy running a 4.8, benching 500, and cleaning 401 at 17% body fat who has an outstanding warrant for his arrest, beats his girlfriend regularly and just insulted your mom with words you couldn't understand. His only instructions were to "Get to the ball, and be in a bad mood when you get there!!"
Now that just happened two plays ago and when you lined up for the next play you were still dizzy from what could probably be diagnosed as a minor concussion. But this is football and anything with "minor" attached to it just doesn't count. Now in the outside world you would probably miss a week of work and file some insurance claim, but here in your world you've got to suck it up for the next play. You're dizzy, can't get your balance, you barely hear the play, can't see, can't really hear the quarterback because of the 80,000 screaming fans, and then before you know it your man sacks the quarterback, takes off his helmet calls you a bitch while doing a dance.
As most people are aware of the sport football, there is also a pot smoking game referred to as "football" in which a joint is passed in a rotation of people, and when each person takes a hit, they hold it in their lungs until the joint comes around to them again. Recommended for relatively small rotations.
1. A Sport that is very popular in America.
2. A Sport that is very popular in England.
3. A word that often causes foolish arguments between fans of American football, and soccer fans.
4. The gayest sport there is.
1. Almost everyone in the US watches the NFL, even though the game is played at its finest in college.
2. Football is the name for "soccer" in england. I believe the English call American Football Gridiron. And in the other large English speaking nations, Canada and Australia, Football is an entirely different sport.
3. Any soccer fan will be quick to point out that the "rest of the world" calls their sport football. However this is not true as the "rest of the world" does not speak English,In Spanish speaking countries it is "Futbol" and I have I am pretty sure the Chinese word for it doesn't resemble "football." Even in Canada and Australia it means something different.
4. I mean honestly, if you played football you'll remember, football is nothing but a bunch of sweaty guys, rubbing up against each other, showering together, slapping each others asses, and wearing really tight pants.
the best damn sport in the WORLD if it is played the american way, the english way is very girly as you can not do anything and try to fake your way through the whole 90 minutes, and THE Ohio State Buckeyes are the best damn team in the land
Man did you see them buckeyes play football!
The best sport in the world. Football is the only sport where twenty two people move simotaniously. The official league is called the NFL.
There's an NFL game on tonight, let's watch it!
Football, the greatest sport the world has ever known.
1. (World) Football (aka Soccer) is a simple minded woman's sport (of course, how could it be otherwise...) where they run around a field trying to kick a ball; like a sugar loaded dog; into the other's team goal stand, or whatever. Operationally, it is a lot like Hockey, except a lot more gay. 'Men' are also known to practice this lame game (shit); in this case, a bunch of effeminate losers get off to rub and watch someone else's legs, butts and other private parts that giggle around. Worst still, the 'men' that like to watch this travesty are obvious closet homos that fantasise being humped by the players over the excruciatingly long and boring hour and a half plus that actually contains under five minutes worth of actual action. The mad skills required are dancing, for dribbling; and running, for positioning. Seriously; even though only and asshole would actually take it like that. The strategic component is laughable (I guess that helps to explain the popularity of it); just run, kick-pass and shoot; repeat ad nauseam. The only little fun is that you can make the ball handler trip. May have to take a penalty shot; or some other bullshit; but if done correctly, it's definetly worth it (imho).
2. (US) American football is a sorry-ass redneck recreation of a fantasy battle. Albeit a little more manly than 'Succer' (ie, less gay); however it has little to do with actual kicking, being more akin to Rugby; and hence it has to do more with name calling, crazy stupid hittin...