6. Man up can also mean for an individual to be (not "act") mature, to grow up, quit being childish, to change their ways and turn around (do a 180) and to go the correct way from now on, etc...
7. Close to that: man up can also mean for someone to stop being self-centered and to look at what they are doing, or how they are acting - for them to change viewpoints, and perspective on the situation(s) and move forward in the correct direction in their life, and/or in others lives.
8. Man up can also mean for one to be a leader, to step up to the plate when no one else will, to give it your best shot, to TRY!
6. Finally at age 38 I realized that I wasn't helping out anyone else but myself when I did those things, so I (did man up) grew up & repented of my ways (did a 180 degree turn from where I was at before, to go the other way now). It took some doing, and I am still working on it, but at least my family & friends know where I stand now.
7. Yanno, I wasn't sure where I was headed, because I really had no goals in my life; but since I met her - I (did man up) am on the right path!
8. When no one else would do their duty to step out onto the Battlefield, a scrawny Private (did man up), took notice, stood up, and started working his way through the enemy lines. His initiative brought on a great victory that day, and now he is a Hero to many.
|58.||Protection from Harassment Act 1997|
Persistent threatening behaviour by one person against another. The Protection from Harassment Act 1997 creates two offences relating to stalking. If the harasser's behaviour makes the victim fear for his or her safety, the maximum penalty is two years' imprisonment and/or an unlimited fine. When the behaviour does not lead to a fear of violence but does cause distress, the maximum penalty is six months in prison and/or a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum. The behaviour must have taken place on more than one occasion and the prosecution must show that a reasonable person would realize that the behaviour would have the effect of causing the victim to fear violence or feel harassed (Kelly v DPP ( 2002 ) 166 JP 621). Both offences are immediately arrestable without a warrant, and the police have power to search the harasser's property. The courts may make a restraining order immediately after convicting a person of either of the two offences. In Scotland the common law has always provided protection against stalking through the offence of breach of the peace.more...
Stalking first attracted widespread public concern when a young actress named Rebecca Shaeffer, who was living in California, was shot to death by an obsessed fan who had stalked her for two years.
A learned or innate reservation, fear and/or repulsion for clowns or that which relates to or resembles clowns.
As much as David wanted to fulfill his dream of becoming a lion tamer, childhood memories of feeling terrified by Itchy Scoops the Clown at the annual local circus caused life-long clown-shyness that doomed him to a life in Information Technology.
A short term for saying Shy Fatasses For Life
created by: Fear & Vogue
I am a SFFL because I am cool and hip with it.
Vida, meaning life, is very down-to-earth, and smart. Smokin' hot, and eco-friendly. A vida may also be stubborn. Will never take no for an answer.
Vida: can I borrow your scarf?
You: no sorry it's my grandmothers.
Vida: GIVE ME THE SCARF NOW.
You: *runs away in fear, leaving the scarf behind*
A girl who is so terribly afraid that people will label her a "whore" that she leads an incredibly boring life.
A Whore-anoid will be careful not to get too drunk, and will refuse to kiss a man that isn't her official boyfriend.
Mollie: I'm so boredddddd.
Guy: So why don't you go kiss Stevie? I'll give you $25 for five seconds
Mollie: Ew, I am not a prostitute!
Guy: Man, you're such a whore-anoid
Stevie: Hey Mollie, wanna be my girlfriend?
Mollie: YES! Let's go to my place.
1. Psychiatry . a state of apprehension and psychic tension related to one's conviction of the inadequacy of his wang.
2. distress or uneasiness of mind caused by fear for one's wang. See also 'dickstress' or 'cockcern'.
1. Charles: "Maybe you should get circumsized? I hear it makes your dick look bigger and may decrease your wangxiety."
Aaron: "Nah, I talked to a doctor and he argued against it. That was when I was seeing a doc about my dick fungus and my dick fungus was because I never knew I could pull my foreskin back all the way my whole life so the smegma accumulated and then I had a fear of pulling it back...then I finally did and now I'm clean lol."
2. When James Bond was kept restrained while a laser beam inched toward his groin, he was likely in a state of extremely high wangxiety.