Relating to the ancient Roman word "fasces", which is a word for a bundle of sticks and an axehead paraded by the Roman government, fascism is a word commonly annotated with evil.
Coined by Benito Mussolini after transferring from Socialism, the term "Fascist" refers to an extreme right-wing supporter who believes in either a Totalitarian or Authoritarian governmental structure.
The term was loosely stretched to cover Naziism, and since the end of WWII has come to be a derogatory insult flung between politicians and blue-collar worker's alike.
Mussolini invented the fascist government.
You, honorable gentleman, are nothing but a fascist parading in a Liberal's clothing!!
1. Someone who believes in a totalitarian state rule by a supreme leader (dictator) who controls everything possible and treats people harshly -- to gain the leader's own success,* to foment an aggressive military nationalism, and to promote a Social Darwinist belief that hard life strengthens the state by weeding out the weak.more...
2. A lesser authority (corporation, mayor, cop, boss, parent) who legally issues harsh, burdensome, micro-managing, insensitive, or uncaring orders -- especially when they know, or should know, that their goals can be accomplished with more autonomy and much less hardship or distress.
3. A harsh and probably murderous kind of dictator; a "fascist dictator" as opposed to a "benign dictator".
4. If applied unfairly, a parent authority who is doing their job within reason, but their teen either doesn't agree with their agenda (10 PM curfew to help perform well in morning school), or is insincerely asserting their parent to be a harsh disciplinarian, in order to bond socially with friends.
5. If capitalized, is the name of the historic Italian Fascist political party. Benito Mussolini (Il Duce - "The Leader") was the Fascist founder and Prime Minister from 1922 to 1943, who built a cult of personality around himself using false media propaganda that he was always right, killed those relatively few unbrainwashed who opposed him, and unified Italy for an incompetent war to retake much of the old Roman empire. Apologists encapsulated their ...
A person or political party with extreme rightwing views, often including racism, nationalism and complete obedience to authority.
Hitler was a fascist.
Viz. George W. Bush.
George Bush is a Fascist.
A supporter of the extreme right-wing political belief system and/or government.
" Watch what you say now, he's a Fascist "
" Spain was a Fascist nation from 1936 until 1975 "
A supporter of a form of government characterized by the merging of business leadership and the state, rigid one-party rule by the extreme right-wing emphasizing strong centralized power, with militarism, an aggressive nationalism, and the suppression of all opposition.more...
Key elements of a fascist state were exhibited both in Mussolini's Italy and Hitler's Germany.
Fascism By The Numbers:
1) Corporate Dominance of Law and Society
2) Military Supremacy in Funding and Policy
3) Reckless Nationalism in Foreign Affairs
4) Suppression of Organized Labor
5) Unification By Fear and Hatred
6) Expansion of Prisons and Prison Sentences
7) Usurpation of Power and Authority
8) Abuse of Human Rights at Home and Abroad
9) Religious Zealotry in Government and Military
10) Alliance with a Tightly Controlled Mass Media
The following statements illustrate the fascist mindset:
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering, Sr. Advisor to Adolph Hitler
"The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly…it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over." -- Joseph Goebbels, Senior Advisor to Adolph Hitler
A synonym for United States Republican Party, Grand Old Party (GOP), and Conservatives.
Refer to other definitions for a more specific definition of fascist.
Dude: u democrats are commmunists!
Dude (2): Well u republicans are fascists : )