2. Excessively favorable approval of something by a fan to the point where it receives excessive praise and said person will seek to ridicule anyone who disagrees with their point of views.
3. If a particular media is a classic and then is reinterpreted by another artist at some point in the future, obsession with classic rendition may lead to excessively and unnecessarily bash and ridicule said artist and anyone who appreciates the new interpretation more than the classic one.
1. Michael Jordan fanboy has owned or does own every single magazine, poster, trading card, and pair of sneakers he's ever participated in or released. Several signed pictures are evident on the walls of his bedroom and overpriced Jordan sneakers he can't afford are on his feet. May even shave head and wear jersey while out playing basketball with friends and believe he can 'be like Mike'.
2. Led Zeppelin fanboy believes they are the greatest band ever and Jimmy Page is the greatest guitarist ever and will fight with, ridicule, and yell out expletives to someone who says Van Halen is the best band ever or Eddie Van Halen is the best guitar player ever. Also, fanboy will not and cannot like Van Halen or Eddie Van Halen because of this and may even lose friendships over it.
3. Life long Superman fanboy watches Superman Returns for the first time and claims that it's no where near as good as Superman: The Movie was and Brandon Routh is no where near as good as Christopher Reeve was. Fan feels cheated and will ridicule the film to no end with anyone who disagrees and believes Superman Returns was a good movie. Will then list several reasons why he/she believes so for reasons that most people didn't even notice or care about.
ORIGIN from fan + boy.
Level-minded individual: Well it's not all that good, certainly not the way you're making it out to be.
Fanboy: How dare you! You're nothing more than a troll to disrespect this work of art. Go back to your cave....
(continues ranting on for 5 pages)
A male variety of fangirl. These are males of any age though usually teens that are obsessed with anime and will often turn rabid over getting the latest copy of their preferred manga. Unlike a fangirl, fanboys tend to be a little calmer but will still start an online or real life war with you if you say anything bad about the anime/manga they like.
A fanboy will either streotypically be into mostly female characters with big boobs or strong personal or mostly epic male characters which they cosplay.
Some fanboys are however tame and enjoy detailed conversations about the thing they are a fanboy of and are open to suggestions of other things they might enjoy (unlike those who are so stubborn they think anything they haven't heard of must be rubbish)
They can be see with badges/stickers/keychains of characters, reading or drawing manga or playing computer games on hand-held devices.
Fanboys can be a fan of yaoi or yuri but will be unlikely to admit being into yaoi.
Not to be confused with an otaku or a weeaboo as fanboys don't have to be obsessed with something Japanese but dominantly are to a respectful if scary level.
Boy B: I know, you're a total fanboy.