A fair-skinned person is considered attractive regardless of whether that person has a symmetrical face or a healthy figure. I've noticed that certain people who would not be considered attractive in the United States are considered beautiful here because of their light skin. The flipside is that some who are considered unattractive because of darker skin would be considered attractive in countries outside of India. The equation is simple: in India, light skin equals beauty.
A single doctor who advertises himself as "tall, dark and
handsome" would get far more attention from women than
a single writer who's "tall, fair and unemployed."
2. Mediocre, not bad but not good.
3. Pale, of light color. Applied to hair, it signifies blonde.
4. Beautiful, especially applied to women.
2. "You did fairly on the test. Try to study next time."
3. "The sprite darted through the forest, her fair hair streaming behind her."
"Fair hair" usually signifies blonde hair. Still, used loosely, it can mean all shades of blond, a few lighter shades of red hair, and light brown hair.
4. "A rose shall bloom,/And then shall fade./So does the youth,/So does the fairest maid."