to facilitate and manipulate concurrently in order to ensure the facilitator's agenda is achieved by the end of a meeting or session.
The Board Chair facipulated the meeting by asking loaded questions that reflected her position on the issue being discussed. Therefore, no one voiced his or her contrary opinion on the issue and, instead, decided to support the Chair's position as it seemed the politically wise thing to do.
1. To facilitate a process toward the outcome you prefered to begin with.
2. To willfully guide a freethinking group through a negotiation that ends exactly where you planned it to end.
3. To get your way in a group that leaves the negotiation thinking you helped them get their desired outcome.
1. "Let me help you do that, my way."
2. I wanted to go to Chipolte with my friends for some lunch. They wanted Chick-fil-a. I facipulated the situation by proposing we go on Sunday. With Chick-fil-a is closed on Sundays, it was open season on Chipolte's beef burrito.