1) The active ingredient in alcohol is ethyl alcohol, which is produced by yeast. Working much like ether, alcohol puts the brain to sleep. Alcohol functions as a depressant to the central nervous system and slows down body functions. In large amounts, alcohol causes sedation, intoxication, unconsciousness, and possible death. Aside from significant negative physical consequences, chronic use of alcohol can lead to physical and psychological addiction.more...
2) Colorless, volatile liquid obtained by distillation and fermentation of carbohydrates (grain, molasses, potatoes irish). Alcohol is antiseptic and cooling but is also very drying to the hair and skin; care should thus be taken not to use too much.
3) This constituent of wine is a natural by-product of fermentation. It is one of the main pillars of perceived flavor, the others being "Acid", "residual Sugar" (and/or "Glycerin") and "Tannin". The presence of these components define a wine that has "good balance". For tablewines the wine label must, by law, state the alcohol content of the wine within the bottle, usually expressed as a percentage of the volume. Table wines do not usually exceed ...
Chemical abbreviation for ethyl alcohol; another synonym for alcohol or booze.
Hey, let's go to get crunk with a little bit of EtOH before we go to the club.
Rubbing alcohol. Contains mostly isopropyl alcohol and water. Consumed by those who can't buy ethyl alcohol instead. Highly toxic, not recommended for consumption.
That rub-a-dub's good shit!
1. Describes a desire or intent to drink any alcoholic beverage, usally heavy. (Not restricted to beer!)
2. An excuse or occasion to drink.
3.a Any day that you were extreamly intoxicated on alcohol.
3.b Any day you do not remember well due to ethyl alcohol.
1.a Is it beersday yet?
1.b (Someone) What day is it? (You) Beersday!
1.c I wish it was beersday.
2.a Today feels like beersday.
2.b Its beerday!
3. Of course I don't remember, it was beersday!
A distilled liquor with 40% alcohol content, such as most comman vodkas, tequilas, flavored rums, etc.
I drank 900 mL of a 40p of smirnoff and died
A two-fold malady characterized by (i) an obsession of the mind coupled with (ii) an allergy of the body. The obsession, a strange insanity that occurs as a mental blank spot immediately preceding the taking of a drink, guarantees that the person afflicted will take the drink even with the knowledge that it will result in a craving for more (allergy) or even though he may not have intended to drink.more...
This is strangely supplanted for the idea that it is safe to drink despite experience that it may not be safe to drink without experiencing the phenomenon of craving (allergy. However intelligent an alcoholic may have been in other respects, where alcohol has been involved, they have been strangely insane. These allergic types can never safely use alcohol in any form at all; and once having formed the habit and found they cannot break it, once having lost their self-confidence, their reliance upon things human, their problems pile up on them and become astonishingly difficult to solve. Recovery from the obsession (mental) component is possible but there is no known cure for the physical allergy portion. Alcoholism is distinct from "hard", "heavy" or "problem" drinking or other "addictions" including % addiction" in that the two components of mental, alcoholic obsession and physical allergy to ETOH (ethyl alcohol) in some form must be simultaneously present in the individual.
Ethyl hydrate, also known as ethyl alcohol. Is used as a taste enhancer in drinks. Has the unfortunate side effect of producing intoxication if abused.more...
The Five Stages of Alcohol Intoxication:
1. Smart --- you've just had two drinks, and feel as if you've become an expert on all things relating to the universe.
2. Rich --- you've had another drink, and now feel that girls will be attracted to you because you are now a millionaire and own a mansion and a yacht.
3. Good-looking --- you've had five drinks in total, and know that you are as pretty as a picture. You also may believe that everyone is also as pretty as a picture --- of an ape! In Europe, this is the target stage of drunkenness.
4. Bullet-proof --- this is when you really should quit drinking. You've had seven or eight drinks already, and feel that you could go to the leanest, meanest biker in the bar, flip him off, and walk away without a scratch because you have super-secret government body armour. In America, this is the target stage of drunkenness.
5. Invisible --- STOP DRINKING, YOU IDIOT. You've had well over ten drinks, and feel that you can dance naked on the street or on tables, and no-one, but the person you're trying to impress, will see you. You don't need to hide from the people who want to fight you, as you can't be seen. And you can walk down the street singing the latest hip-hop song b...