Commons users of this pathetic site include:
Feel free to visit this website if you have nothing to contribute to society.
'Women' is mispelled as 'wimmin' because users of the site have only seen them in porn sites.
ED is loved or hated. Those who "get" it treasure it like old issues of MAD Magazine. Those who don't get it, such as fans of funny-wiki Uncyclopedia, disparage it at length.
Articles on ED fall into several general types. (View with caution: NOT SAFE FOR WORK.)
(1) Internet people: ED documents many Internet users and their online activities. Targets include users of LiveJournal, MySpace, DeviantART, and Wikipedia, as well as sexual predators, and actual racists. (Mediacrat, Tay Zonday, Chris Forcand)
(2) Public train wrecks: Like a tabloid, ED documents and mocks offline people, groups and events that are deemed worthy of ridicule. (My Chemical Romance, Lindsay Lohan, Carlos Sousa Jr.)
(3) Internet terms: ED documents Internet sites, culture, lingo and memes, often in a fairly factual manner. Included are many 4chan memes. (So i herd u liek mudkip, Profit, YTMND)
(4) Hate articles: ED takes on and caricatures a racist, sexist, homophobic, sanctimonious, and frequently outright insane perspective. (JEWS DID WTC, Rape, Furry)
(5) Shock images: ED houses many noted shock images. (Goatse, Offended, 1guy1jar <-- Careful, you can't un-see them.)
B: "That'll happen."
C: "I saw the funniest thing ever there! I laughed 'til I cried."
B: "That'll happen too."
It defines memes, viral videos, internet terms and all sorts of useful stuff, but you can't read it without being annoyed. (Or, laughing, if you laugh at trolls). For some reason, every article on encyclopedia dramatica always seem to be bashing somebody or something. Encyclopedia dramatica has bashed everything at some point.
Do not go there for a straight definition. If you do want to get an actual definition, squint and read between the lines.
Be careful to what you link to. You click on something that seems innocent, and find a horrifying picture/article that makes your brain break into a hundred pieces, hit itself with a hammer, and light itself up on fire.
They also have massive ads, flash, and other horrible things that you don't want on your computer.
I went to encycopedia dramatica to find out about something, clicked on a normal sounding linked, and got mindraped by the picture before me.
and write articles even less funny then drawn together,They typically like to make fun of such things as VA Tech,The Holocaust,and of course the most deserving of all 9/11.
Jack:Oh yeah It was hilarious I mean whats more funny than talking about extremists hijacking planes then crashing them into buildings and killing 3000 people,oh and even more funny a group of people trying to stop a plane from crashing into the white house who prevail but still end up crashing in a field! Oh and what really had me cracking up was them talking about people crying because all they have left of their loved on is a charred arm!God I almost died laughing!
John:OH ME TOO!