n. (Rules governing) Socially acceptable behavior.
Something today's society seems to be lacking in, due to the creation of social classing
Etiquette would be helping an elderly lady across the road, not twatting
her one in the middle of the road and stealing her purse.
an unwritten set of cultural rules.
1. tipping in the United States
2. placing the fork to the left of the plate and the knife/fork on the right
3. a man should call a woman is he has asked for her number
4. dont be late on a date
5. during a job interview, dont sit down until asked by the interviewer
6. not putting you elbows on the dinner table
7. dont ever break off a relationship via e-mail; do it by phone or in person
Etiquette is actually pretty silly
The way one behaves while chatting online, such as not complaining about spelling or grammar or not posting long and boring cut and paste articles.
Who are you to question my e-tiquette, spelling nazi?
Socially accepted unwritten rules
Two people who are seeing each other live in two different cities, roughly one hour away from each other. Person A lives in city A and Person B lives in city B. Person A wants to break up with person B. Person A is required to drive to City B where she then proceeds to break up with Person B. Person B should not be required to drive to city A. Assuming Person A drives to City B, Person A is exercising good etiquette.