1. Any male human being past the age of adolescence.
2. A gentleman who is unknown to the speaker, the masculine form of chick.
3. An informal, second person pronoun used as form of address. Synonymous with "sir".
4. A polite way to begin a sentence that delivers inopportune or unfortunate news. Usually used in conjuction with "um" or "uh" and pronounced with an upward inflection. Popularized by Hurley from the popular television drama "Lost".
5. An expression of surprise or dismay. Usually drawn out over two or three sylables.
6. A word used to interrupt someone's conversation, attract one's attention, or to awake a stoner from a staring spell. Synonymous with "excuse me" or "pardon me"
7. An expression of disbelief at the foolish statement of another. Popularized by Kyle on the animated cartoon series "South Park".
8. Relating to, or characteristic of, Jeffrey Lebowski.
1. "We better find some chicks to come with us because the bouncer isn't going to let four dudes get into the club."
2. "I totally would have hooked up with that chick, but by the time I got back from the bathroom, she was already talking to some dude!"
3. "Hey, dude. How's it going?"
4. "Uh, dude... I think your zipper is down."
5. "Duuuude... did you see how much air you just got off of that jump?"
6. "Dude, wake up! Don't you have a midterm in, like, 15 minutes?"
7. "Dude, stop it. You're freaking me out!"
8. "You're Lebowski... I'm the Dude. Or 'his dudeness' or 'El Dudarino' if you're not into the whole brevity thing"
A word that americans use to address each other. Particularly stoners, surfers and skaters.
dude, i'm like......dude
1) The Universal Prounoun
2) Adj - expression of emphasis, amazement, or awe
1) What's up Dude?
1) n. a name for anyone (stereotypically used by male surfters/skaters but now accepted by any race, sex, religion, and wealth)
2) n. something that's just so awesomly cool, amazingly kick ass
3) ?. a way to start a conversation
4) replacing "um" or "like" in any sentence
1) Dude, that guy is soo sexy!
2) Omg! That teacher was so stoned, me and Hil were both like "Duuuude."
3) Dude you have no idea!
4) And then...dude...dude...dude, shit I forgot.
'dude' is a universal word, used in every possible corner of the globe, in every possible situation
1.I aced my exam. Dude!
2.Dude, what the hell?
3.You took my last skittle! Dude..
4.My mom just died. Dude....
A word that is established in a Californians mental dictionary at a very young age.
A nickname for a person you don't know
A word that expresses alarm, shock, anger, or happiness
A word added on to a sentence to prove a point
A word used to convey sympathy
Cali Dad: Come one baby, say DAD D-A-D
Cali Teen1: Let's hit the mall, dude!
Ca li Baby: Dude!!
Cali Dad: **groan**
Person: Hey.. erm, dude! Yeah the dude over there!
**gropes random person**
Random Person: DUDE! No!
Do you know what I mean, dude?
Guy1: And then she dumped me for my brother!
1) Originally, “dude” meant a stuck up person who dressed overly well. It first emerged in the year 1883 in England.
2) Later it was used in the old west to mean a city person who moved to the west without actually know what he was doing. Synonymous with “city-slicker”
3) Later, in California, the term changed from these insults to a term meaning any male, human or otherwise. Sometimes it is used in reference to tom-girls. Now, it is often used for emphasis as well.
“Look at that rich fellow; what a dude! Do you see the feather in his hat?”
“What’s that dude doing in these parts? I bet he can't even ride a horse!”
“Hey dude, I missed you at the movies the other day!”
“Dude, that's harsh.”
A brilliant word that has infinite definitions and meanings. The user can say it in almost any situation and still make sense
Dude1: "Sup dude!"
Dude2: "My cat has rabies"
Dude1: "Lets go smoke some choop"