Beau passes the crack pipe to Luke, and Luke begins to take a hit.
While Luke is heating up the glass pipe, Roscoe pulls up behind and flips the lights. Beau immediately starts the Charger, punches it, and begins his drifting through Hazzard County cracked out of his mind. As the General Lee's entry speed is way to quick for the corners the back end steps out.
2) Drifting IS usefull in race-type situations, on the street and on the track, to rotate the car and achieve a better corner line than would otherwise be possible.
3) Power oversteer is NOT drifting unless all 4 wheels slip during some part of the turn. Otherwise, it's just power oversteer, and a damn handy tool to have when you need to rotate yourself or hit something.
4) There is NOTHING wrong with initiating a slide with the e-brake, despite what people will tell you. Especially in a front-drive car. If it's good enough for Petter Solberg, it's good enough for me.
5) Drifting IS fun. Hell, any reason to go sideways while throwing up clouds of smoke is something that every enthusiast should jump on.
6) Contrary to #5, it is NOT cool to try drifting through your quiet suburban neighborhood at any tim, because that is how idiots with more horsepower than brains end up hitting people/trees/cats/lawn gnomes etc.
And remember, racing on the street is stupid. If you can't find a road course in your area, try empty parking lots, otherwise stay home.
take it from someone who knows drifting, not because it's popular in their country,and not because they have seen it on a cool looking cartoon. drifting in australia is not very big, and that's the way we like it. i have drifted effectively,and i have also written off a car in the proccess of drifting once. from the over use of the word "ricer" i can tell that most of these people take drifting as somesort of an ego trip thing,and that drifting in america is quite big, thus making many people think they are down because they go to the battles and watch the cartoons.try it for real and see how you go.
DRIFTING IS: The art of driving a car sideways through a corner whilst maintaining effective wheelspin.
it started underground.keep it that way.
KEEP DRIFT UNDERGROUND
Popularized by the anime "Initial D."