Its an entertaining show aikn to Dukes of Hazzard on crack..
"Beau pass the crack pipe I need a hit", said Luke
Beau passes the crack pipe to Luke, and Luke begins to take a hit.
While Luke is heating up the glass pipe, Roscoe pulls up behind and flips the lights. Beau immediately starts the Charger, punches it, and begins his drifting through Hazzard County cracked out of his mind. As the General Lee's entry speed is way to quick for the corners the back end steps out.
1) Drifting is NEVER the fastest way around a corner unless the optimal line is for whatever reason unatainable (i.e. theres a car in your way; potholes or other poor driving surfaces; you just messed up and missed the entry point) or track conditions don't allow for good lines (see Rally racing, the original drifters)
2) Drifting IS usefull in race-type situations, on the street and on the track, to rotate the car and achieve a better corner line than would otherwise be possible.
3) Power oversteer is NOT drifting unless all 4 wheels slip during some part of the turn. Otherwise, it's just power oversteer, and a damn handy tool to have when you need to rotate yourself or hit something.
4) There is NOTHING wrong with initiating a slide with the e-brake, despite what people will tell you. Especially in a front-drive car. If it's good enough for Petter Solberg, it's good enough for me.
5) Drifting IS fun. Hell, any reason to go sideways while throwing up clouds of smoke is something that every enthusiast should jump on.
6) Contrary to #5, it is NOT cool to try drifting through your quiet suburban neighborhood at any tim, because that is how idiots with more horsepower than brains end up hitting people/trees/cats/lawn gnomes etc.
And remember, racing on the street is stupid. If you can't find a road course in your area, try empty parking lots, otherwise stay home.
Rally drivers use drifting techniques to drive back-country roads at speeds that would leave you very dead.
An advanced driving technique used mainly for show in which the driver maintains oversteer through balance of throttle and steering inputs. It is the latest trend to be slowly taken over by automotive posers (Ricers). Because of this, you see many "dRifT ThUgZ," who are no more than idiot posers who watch too much Initial D and think yanking the E-brake around the street is a drift. Go Away.
"Yo, he did a mad drift, yo in da hood I'm a faggot gangsta please give me penis" <- WRONG.
it would seem that most people trying to define the term drift here are either people who look at drifting in somewhat of a negative view, or people who think they know all about drifting because they watch initial D alot.It would also seem that all,if not most of these people are americans.
take it from someone who knows drifting, not because it's popular in their country,and not because they have seen it on a cool looking cartoon. drifting in australia is not very big, and that's the way we like it. i have drifted effectively,and i have also written off a car in the proccess of drifting once. from the over use of the word "ricer" i can tell that most of these people take drifting as somesort of an ego trip thing,and that drifting in america is quite big, thus making many people think they are down because they go to the battles and watch the cartoons.try it for real and see how you go.
DRIFTING IS: The art of driving a car sideways through a corner whilst maintaining effective wheelspin.
it started underground.keep it that way.
'i'm a drifter because i called someone a ricer for talking about drifting'.....that's NOT how it goes.
KEEP DRIFT UNDERGROUND
Drift: What your mind does after some real good weed.
word of the day: June 12, 2006
In racing, it is the clipping of the apex of a turn to attain higher corner exit speeds. This achieved by breaking the tire traction limit and putting the car into a controlled skid. As the vehicle slides, the weight shifts from each tire to another, and causes the car to circle around and clip the apex.
Popularized by the anime "Initial D
to follow a persons conversation as their mind drifts to a different yet somehow connected thought
get my drift?
1. meaning, intent
2. a controlled sidewards skid
3. to leave
He ruined the approach if you get my drift.